Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
NORWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB MEDIA RELEASE
Monday 4th November 2013
New Senior Coach – Ben Warren
The Norwood Football Club is proud to announce Ben Warren as newly appointed Senior Coach for the next three years.
The NFC Board determined criteria immediately pointed to a Coach who would build upon the Nathan Bassett legacy.
Ben epitomises the values that Norwood require of our next coach –
A Norwood person, who knows how to achieve premiership success, has the trust of the playing group, will be honest and straightforward in his approach and is determined to build on the successful game plan established here at Norwood.
Ben recently retired after a distinguished career playing 231 games for South Adelaide, Norwood & the State. He kicked 465 goals, was captain of the South Adelaide football club in 2010 & played a pivotal part in Norwood’s back to back premiership teams in 2012/13.
Ben made the following statement today:
“I am really excited and honoured to be given the opportunity to start my coaching career at the Norwood football club.
The club has made it pretty clear they wish to build on the foundations that Nathan and the football department have set over the last 4 years.
Having played with the group the last two seasons I know how determined they are to keep us at top end of the competition.
The playing group is continually looking to get better, extremely professional and I know they will help me make the transition from player to coach“.
The club is determined to support Ben and his team by continuing to provide a quality Coaching and playing environment and look forward to a successful 2014.

How do think he will go Adelaide Hawk? Big shoes to fill especially for a new coach.

I think it's an excellent appointment, he has impressed many people at Norwood over the past couple of years, and seems the ideal replacement. How will he go? That's in the laps of the Gods. I'm not really sure what to expect in 2014.

Ben would like to add a more attacking component to the game plan. When you consider the return of assistant coach Andrew McLeod who also advocates more attacking play, this may well be the case.

Of course, it will depend on who Norwood are able to recruit in the interim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back