not footy related but anyone feel that

Remove this Banner Ad

We felt it in Clyde North. At first i thought it was a ghost because when i check outside to see if there was a strong wind there was none and then my Friend txt me if i fetl that tremor..Boy did i feel so reliefed that is was only a little tremor..

Yep. Rattled windows and shock all my diecast models about a bit. In the outer east of Melbourne.

It was a 5.2 magnitude, epicentre 10km SW of Moe, where there are a few little faultlines.

Biggest one for a little while I think. Bloody Geoscience Australia is down, probably being hammered by nerds like me!

Yep. Rattled windows and shock all my diecast models about a bit. In the outer east of Melbourne.

It was a 5.2 magnitude, epicentre 10km SW of Moe, where there are a few little faultlines.

Biggest one for a little while I think. Bloody Geoscience Australia is down, probably being hammered by nerds like me!
was trying to get in there to check it out but yes could not saw a paper story with details thanks for posting it :)

GA is always smashed when something seismically interesting happens.

Luckily, the US govt. seem to be better funded when it comes to hosting websites, and all the info is up there.

Their real time Earthquake map is great: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We felt an extended tremor in Ringwood. I wonder what it was like in Moe?
I have a friend working up there at the moment, said car alarms were going off, and the windows/walls were shaking

We are interested in what happened in Moe because the epicentre of the earthquake was only 10 kms from there.

Cool your jets brother - I know where the epicentre was, and understood the context of SD's post, I was just having a subtle pot at the good village of Moe and it's fine people.

You know there has been an Earthquake when FB is overloaded with statuses about it. I felt it but it wasn't anything major; just a little tremor. Well where I am (Eastern suburbs) it was anyway

270943_10151052462866532_1512123902_n.jpg

In the south-eastern subs, not far from Chelsea, heard the walls creaking in my room and seconds later heard a low, deep rumbling which made me think it was the wind or a train but then felt the whole room shift to the left and right like it was swaying which lasted for about 5-10 seconds, and after that the walls and the room shook for another 10 seconds. Definitely the most intense quake I have felt.

5.3 magnitude, it seems they're getting larger in Victoria, a few years ago we had a couple in the low 3's, and then a 4, so it seems we might cop a big one eventually. Have no doubt if it lasted for a minute longer my walls would be cracked; thought they were going to crack with the loud creaking. Bloody hell, pretty intense, but then I think about the Japanese who live with worse quakes on a daily basis, not to mention that monster one last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back