not more injuries & suspensions ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Primus reported might save Williams the hard decision he won't make.

Shattock just looked a corky to me.

Pred, by the minute I accept your position on Tredders missing out on the captaincy affecting his form/confidence. I backed Matty as captain, but it's looking like the wrong horse.

macca23 said:
5AA just said that it was Brogan and not Primus who was reported.

Head butting.
Either way, Ford's post about saving Williams from making a decision that he hasn't got the whatever to do, is still accurate.

It was certainly Brogan who got reported, and he certainly will get weeks. That solves our ruck dilemma, but even if Brogan didn't get reported he and Primus shouldn't be in next weeks team.

Bresh said:
It was certainly Brogan who got reported, and he certainly will get weeks. That solves our ruck dilemma, but even if Brogan didn't get reported he and Primus shouldn't be in next weeks team.

if that was the case. who would u play in the ruck Toby, Deluca or Whilts??

Hopefully Toby.

blackdiamond said:
Did they get video footage of the incident?

I saw the incident so I would be happy to sit in on the tribunal as an eyewitness, Brogan deserves a couple just for his stupidity.

Well, the umpire that paid the free saw it, so that's probably all they need.

blackdiamond said:
He was reported by the goal umpire as the ball wasn't in the vicinity, unless there was another head butting incident he got reported in.

He may have been reported by the goal umpire, but there was an umpire at the 50 metre line who paid the free kick which Carlton took downfield on the wing where ball was at the time. I was right on top of it.

It is probably what we needed to enforce our selectors to restore balance to the side.
Shattock even when he does get the footy won't solve our problem of a lack of run. We will not miss him.
Brogan has been the worst of our three ruckmen this year. The problem is the other two are out of form as well. Ladey plays well when given responsibility. I would love to see him ruck the majority of the game against Geelong and have Primus play from the bench and the goalsquare.

F: Thurstans.......White......Ebert

HF: Surjan......Tredrea.......Wanganeen

C: Dew.........K. Cornes........Kingsley

HB: Walsh.......Bishop.......Montgomery

FB: Wilson.....Wakelin......Chaplin

R: Lade........P.Burgoyne.......James

Int: Salopek......Primus.......Cassisi........Francou or Thomson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bresh said:
He may have been reported by the goal umpire, but there was an umpire at the 50 metre line who paid the free kick which Carlton took downfield on the wing where ball was at the time. I was right on top of it.

Fair enough, fingers crossed that he gets some games - Im really not sure how Brogan fits into our structure anymore plus he looks lost.

blackdiamond said:
Fair enough, fingers crossed that he gets some games - Im really not sure how Brogan fits into our structure anymore plus he looks lost.

Well, he's our best ruckman, and he's not rucking... The structure is there, but he probably rucked for 7-10 minutes tonight. Even as one of his biggest fans I can admit he's not much use around the ground, so why is that where he is playing 90% of his football in the defensive and forward 50s? Entirely non-sensical. He's a fish out of water sure, but Choco put him there.

Jakko said:
Yeah I saw the Brogan one too, hes in trouble.

How much trouble tho?? A headbutt is a fairly serious offence is it not? I didn't see the incident but I certainly saw the niggle that French was laying on before hand. If Dean has responded too it then he should be suspended for being sucked in too it.
I don't like all of this talk about his possible suspension being a good thing tho, 'cos apart from Deluca he is our only fully fit ruckman. What happens if either Matty or Ladey succumbs too their current injuries? We will be stuffed.
I know that Thruster can pinch hit in the ruck but he's hardly gonna be able too go around all day is he?

Didn't he also slip a low one in on French?

JuniorBurger said:
I know that Thruster can pinch hit in the ruck but he's hardly gonna be able too go around all day is he?
Thanks to the circle, I'd love to see him have a go in the middle. It may end up working big time for us, but we'll never know unless we try it.
IMO with the small circle we'll see a totally new style of ruckmen come through over the next few years.

JuniorBurger said:
How much trouble tho?? A headbutt is a fairly serious offence is it not? I didn't see the incident but I certainly saw the niggle that French was laying on before hand. If Dean has responded too it then he should be suspended for being sucked in too it.
I don't like all of this talk about his possible suspension being a good thing tho, 'cos apart from Deluca he is our only fully fit ruckman. What happens if either Matty or Ladey succumbs too their current injuries? We will be stuffed.

I didnt see it either :confused: , when did it happen?? What quarter. And yer, its that last bloody thing we need. Matty was sittin on the ground during the the 2nd half, and they said on the telly, that he had a problem with his OTHER KNEE.......So for god sake, dont start wishing bad luck on our own :mad: ......We have every other man and his dog out there doing it for us

JuniorBurger said:
What happens if either Matty or Ladey succumbs too their current injuries? We will be stuffed.

Well hopefully something like that happens when its time for Brogan to come back into the squad after suspension.

I used to be a big advocate for 3 ruckmen but I have gone right away from that now, Im not saying 3 ruckmen can't work but Mark Williams doesn't know how to best use it to his advantage.

I used to think we had the best ruck combination in the league, now what we have is a liability.

PortProudWA said:
I didnt see it either :confused: , when did it happen?? What quarter.

Third quarter, Brogan and Ebert were up forward around the square.

At the time I was watching Ebert and his opponent as it looked like their pushing etc might develop into something and then the Brogan / French head butting incident happened.

Brogan is good for a brain freeze.

It seemd like a short sharp headbut, about 2 weeks maybe. Its really hard to tell seeing it only once from distance. Barnaby didnt react like you would expect if it was a super-serious one. Woo knows, if theres no footage it might depend on how much the umpires talk up the contact.

The major problem for Brogan will be that it was head high contact away from the ball. Without knowing how the whole system works, around 4 weeks maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back