Burton –left knee
Byrne-Jones – right knee
Finlayson – left knee
Hayes – left AC joint
Lycett – left knee
T. Marshall – right hip
McCallum – left ankle
McKenzie – right ankle

Draftee Xavier Walsh has undergone an arthroscopy to clean out cartilage from the front of his knee.

Walsh jarred his knee during a training drill following the Christmas break, and has since reported some pain while kicking.

Due to the minor nature of the procedure, the 18-year-old is expected to return to running in approximately two weeks.

Draftee Xavier Walsh has undergone an arthroscopy to clean out cartilage from the front of his knee.

Walsh jarred his knee during a training drill following the Christmas break, and has since reported some pain while kicking.

Due to the minor nature of the procedure, the 18-year-old is expected to return to running in approximately two weeks.
Minor issue. And he's just a beginner that will need a season or two to threaten for a first team poisition, so no dramas.

At least there were no "additional" top level player disasters reported, so must be a generally sound list atm?

I've always liked Big Chuck.
Will miss him when he retires.
Influential when healthy, no doubt whatsoever.
And a genuine cult figure for us.

But injuries have ended many careers, and he's really not adding value to the team hobbling around on one leg, unable to run, jump or hold his ground in a contest any longer.

Plus he's risking his long term health playing so often through injuries like that!

I've always liked Big Chuck.
Will miss him when he retires.
Influential when healthy, no doubt whatsoever.
And a genuine cult figure for us.

But injuries have ended many careers, and he's really not adding value to the team hobbling around on one leg, unable to run, jump or hold his ground in a contest any longer.

Plus he's risking his long term health playing so often through injuries like that!
i would hate to have his knees and ankles when he reaches my age.

but in saying that, mine are probably not much better….

Sack Dixon
Yup. Reckon it’s not as bad as it seems and he’s mentally checked out.

Will go through the motions as he’s being paid handsomely.

Those motions will still be better than many, so it’s a wash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been on the right track drafting key backs in the past... Logan Austin would've be quite serviceable had he stayed. I'd take Howard back right now. Trusting the list management team to pick someone up when they're available in our draft position, it's just a more rare position to fill on a list especially in this era of the game..

Last time I saw Charlie play, there were two defenders hanging off him like oversized Christmas decorations. It is not Charlie who needs to lift his game this year it‘s:

(1) the other key forwards who should be taking advantage of the fact Charlie takes away their man
(2) the umpires who should be paying far more free kicks to Dixon than they do.

If I were just about any defender in the league and I had the choice of standing a fit Dixon or Lord/Marshall/Finlayson, I’d be taking one of the last 3. People calling for Charlie’s retirement or demotion are way off the mark.

Last time I saw Charlie play, there were two defenders hanging off him like oversized Christmas decorations. It is not Charlie who needs to lift his game this year it‘s:

(1) the other key forwards who should be taking advantage of the fact Charlie takes away their man
(2) the umpires who should be paying far more free kicks to Dixon than they do.

If I were just about any defender in the league and I had the choice of standing a fit Dixon or Lord/Marshall/Finlayson, I’d be taking one of the last 3. People calling for Charlie’s retirement or demotion are way off the mark.
I do agree to an extent, however point 1 is also massively on the coaches. If teams are going to double team Charlie, the other 2 forwards need to be coached on how to take advantage of it and our gameplan needs to be able to react to this.

We've been on the right track drafting key backs in the past... Logan Austin would've be quite serviceable had he stayed. I'd take Howard back right now. Trusting the list management team to pick someone up when they're available in our draft position, it's just a more rare position to fill on a list especially in this era of the game..
I'm the opposite. I think our key back drafting has been diabolical.

I do agree to an extent, however point 1 is also massively on the coaches. If teams are going to double team Charlie, the other 2 forwards need to be coached on how to take advantage of it and our gameplan needs to be able to react to this.
Now there’s two words that are an oxymoron when used together when referring to us “game plan” and “react”.

"ALIIR ALIIR, Jeremy Finlayson and Trent McKenzie will all sit out this Friday's internal trial match at Alberton Oval.

Aliir is managing a minor back complaint, Finlayson will be rested due to recent shin soreness and McKenzie is recovering from a low-grade hamstring issue.

All three players will watch from the sidelines this week, but are expected to be available for next Friday's match simulation against Adelaide.

Young defenders Tom McCallum and Kyle Marshall also won't feature this Friday, with McCallum undergoing a successful ankle cleanout last week, while Marshall is managing early signs of back stress.

Charlie Dixon and Mitch Georgiades are both expected to play in the internal trial, returning from a groin strain and a ruptured ACL respectively.

Midfielder Willem Drew will play in a pink hat, indicating no contact, as he recovers from an AC joint sprain."

So has the rumour on AA this morning by a caller been mentioned? A key player who is an important ‘kicker’ who is on the team photo won’t play this year.

So has the rumour on AA this morning by a caller been mentioned? A key player who is an important ‘kicker’ who is on the team photo won’t play this year.
lol please be dixon

Anyone at all playing in a match sim in a pink hat is dumb and lowers the overall intensity

I don’t think match sim and high intensity have ever gone hand in hand though. I think naturally every one goes a bit easier against your own teammates. I’d rather we didn’t continue playing with a complete lack of intensity in the trial games against opposition though like we have in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back