• Richmond

• St Kilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

I dont rate Longmuir,
To me, Longmuir genuinely looks like he wants to be anywhere else, and only took the job because Freo played on the "former player" heartstring.

2022 is the exception, not the rule at Freo. I dont rate Longmuir, I dont know who is kicking winning scores for them to be finallists and their squad is paper thin, despite a good midfield.

Crows lost 5 games by under a kick and 2 more that they were leading at 3/4 time. They are close. Very close. Technically made the finals last year as it was.

I see us missing finals and not having another run like last year.
I don't know i feel like Freo are similar to the crows in that they've been out of the 8 for a long time and have played the long game with the rebuild but it should be their time to turn things around soon. But both teams have shown glimpses in the last couple years to suggest they are close (you can put the Suns into the same category).

I think Amiss and Jackson can kick plenty of goals for Freo and they've got others like Treacy and Sturt that could step up and if Taberner gets fit they've got enough options.

I reckon their squad bats a bit deeper than the Crows. The crows did play some good footy last year and for that reason i have them just sneaking in to finals but i still look at their list and scratch my head and wonder whether they punched above their weight a bit in 2023 and that year could be the exception and not the rule for the crows. I doubt Tex is kicking 76 goals again.

I'll put my house on the Crows not finishing 6 places above us on the ladder. We've got a much better squad than them.

Bullish on port this year. Feel like it’s GF or bust. Pressure on the coach.

Port
GWS
GC
season 5 richard GIF

1. Port Adelaide
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Carlton
5. Sydney
6. GWS
7. Adelaide
8. Essendon
-
9. Gold Coast
10. Geelong
11. Melbourne
12. Fremantle
13. Western Bulldogs
14. St Kilda
15. Hawthorn
16. Richmond
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast

GF & Premiers: Port def. Brisbane
Wooden Spooner: West Coast
Brownlow: Nick Daicos
Coleman:
Charlie Curnow
Power B&F: Rozee
Power AA’s: Rozee, Butters, JHF
Power Most Improved: Burgoyne/Sinn/JHF
Power Rising Star Nominees: Sinn and Burgoyne if eligible

1. Port Adelaide
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Carlton
5. Sydney
6. GWS
7. Adelaide
8. Essendon
-
9. Gold Coast
10. Geelong
11. Melbourne
12. Fremantle
13. Western Bulldogs
14. St Kilda
15. Hawthorn
16. Richmond
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast

GF & Premiers: Port def. Brisbane
Wooden Spooner: West Coast
Brownlow: Nick Daicos
Coleman:
Charlie Curnow
Power B&F: Rozee
Power AA’s: Rozee, Butters, JHF
Power Most Improved: Burgoyne/Sinn/JHF
Power Rising Star Nominees: Sinn and Burgoyne if eligible
Port won’t be top. They can’t touch Carlton Collingwood or Brisbane. They got key position players but won’t be able to keep up with the big dogs of the league

Thanks for letting us know.

By the way, who are our key position players? Quite an interesting comment when our best and most influential 6-7 players in recent seasons are all either midfielders or rebounding medium size defenders (I guess with the exception of Aliir?).

Sorry mate, it’s none truer than now. You just signed him on and went out in straight sets. If it’s any consolation we’ve done it twice and have a cocaine trafficking problem ;)
It definitely isnt. We could finish 13th and they'd be making excuses and saying he has earned the right to see out his contract. Ken is never under pressure from a breakfast talk show host president - he'll leave on his own terms and given he only cares about his bank account and couldnt give a s**t about the club that wont be in 2024.

Feel free to come back to this in 12 months. There will be excuses, disappearance, then he'll be back at it next year with a bunch of new people saying its gf or bust (unless the succession plan happens obviously).

1. Collingwood
2. Brisbane
3. Port Adelaide
4. Sydney
5. Greater Western Sydney
6. St Kilda
7. Carlton
8. Gold Coast

9. Western Bulldogs
10. Adelaide
11. Melbourne
12. Essendon
13. Geelong
14. Richmond
15. Fremantle
16. Kangaroos
17. Hawthorn
18. West Coast

Grand Finalists - Collingwood defeat Sydney
Wooden Spooner - West Coast Eagles
Riser - Gold Coast
Faller - Melbourne
Brownlow - Nick Daicos, Zak Butters, Lachie Neale, Noah Anderson
Rising Star - Angus Sheldrick, Harley Reid, Nick Watson, George Wardlaw
Coleman - Charlie Curnow, Nick Larkey, Jeremy Cameron
Power B&F - Connor Rozee
Power AA’s - Connor Rozee, Zak Butters, Dan Houston
Power Most Improved - Jason Horne-Francis, Josh Sinn, Jase Burgoyne
Power Rising Star - Josh Sinn
Power Rising Star Nominee - Josh Sinn, Thomas Anastasopoulos
Coach of the Year - Damian Hardwick

He will be scapegoated big time. MFC has a significant issue, because drug dealers don’t randomly text teammates without prior form.

Call me naive but I wouldn't expect a professional drug "dealer" to be randomly texting their, um, customers. There are proper apps for that sort of thing FFS :grimacing:

At least to my non-using eyes... the use of illegal recreational drugs beyond dope has been pretty much normalised in the last two decades in general society. Probably some residual... crap... on every bloody surface you touch in pubs in my part of the world (inner Sydney). Not sure how far that behaviour survives into high performance sports cultures, but IMO performatively scapegoating MFC "culture" and - I guess the next step in the severity scale - "cancelling" Smith on its own won't shed much light on others at MFC let alone on the undoubted goings on at some other clubs. The ego-bound boys-club AFL admin struggles to deal with bigger-than-sport issues, so nuking individual scapegoats who present themselves stupidly or inadvertently is quite a temptation, news at 11.

Prediction: "performative scapegoating" will not make the Macquarie dictionary's shortlist for Word of the Year :drunk:

Talentwise, Port are as good as anyone.

That’s never been the issue, however.

1. Port Adelaide 🏆
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Sydney
5. GWS
6. Carlton
7. Gold Coast
8. Melbourne
-
9. Adelaide
10. Geelong
11. St Kilda
12. Fremantle
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Essendon
15. Hawthorn
16. Richmond
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast

Also prediction for 2024 is continued Vic Bias. No change there.

Feels like it could be time for a changing in the guard though, many are predicting the non vic teams to finally out number the vic teams in finals.

Sadly, I still feel like we need two non Victorian teams in the gf to get a non vic flag though. S

Ok time for a crack. Apologies I wasn't able to create the thread or analyse last year. Been busy with a house move in the first few months from TTG to Semaphore.

Feels to me a very tough year to tip. I believe the top 12 are all legitimate top 8 contenders and the top 7 are all top 4 contenders.

1. Brisbane Lions
2. Collingwood
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Port Adelaide
6. Melbourne
7. GWS
8. Carlton

9. Geelong
10. St Kilda
11. Gold Coast SUNS
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Hawthorn
14. Fremantle
15. Richmond
16. North Melbourne
17. Essendon
18. West Coast

Brisbane to beat Sydney in GF.
Port to lose EF.
JHF to surprise again brownlow night
Burgoyne most improved (If he can improve his defensive efforts)

Ok time for a crack. Apologies I wasn't able to create the thread or analyse last year. Been busy with a house move in the first few months from TTG to Semaphore.

Feels to me a very tough year to tip. I believe the top 12 are all legitimate top 8 contenders and the top 7 are all top 4 contenders.

1. Brisbane Lions
2. Collingwood
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Port Adelaide
6. Melbourne
7. GWS
8. Carlton

9. Geelong
10. St Kilda
11. Gold Coast SUNS
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Hawthorn
14. Fremantle
15. Richmond
16. North Melbourne
17. Essendon
18. West Coast

Brisbane to beat Sydney in GF.
Port to lose EF.
JHF to surprise again brownlow night
Burgoyne most improved (If he can improve his defensive efforts)
Why are so many port fans putting the crows in their top 4? I'm still struggling to work out where there massive improvement is coming from. I had them 7th and even that i thought was a stretch, that was highly influenced by the hype around town and on this forum.

Do they need massive improvement? Look at their record against the top 4 last year. Beat Port twice, beat Brisbane once, lost narrowly to Brisbane once, lost narrowly to Collingwood twice, lost narrowly to Melbourne once. Their form stacks up against the good teams and unlike us they're very difficult to beat at home so you can lock in the best part of 13 wins right away.