Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bugger! I was hoping to see him push for selection this year!

Injury report: Jackson undergoes hip arthroscopy​

Midfielder Hugh Jackson is expected to be sidelined until mid-year, while forward Todd Marshall may miss Friday's match simulation.

Injury list

Aliir Aliir (back) - test
Willem Drew (shoulder) - test
Jeremy Finlayson (shins) - test
Todd Marshall (foot) - test
Trent McKenzie (hamstring) - test
Esava Ratugolea (knee) - test
Hugh Jackson (hip) - 16-18 weeks
Kyle Marshall (back) - TBC
Tom McCallum (ankle) - TBC

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugger! I was hoping to see him push for selection this year!

Injury report: Jackson undergoes hip arthroscopy​

Midfielder Hugh Jackson is expected to be sidelined until mid-year, while forward Todd Marshall may miss Friday's match simulation.

Bugga
Have so much hope for Hugh

So we are going into the season with a large majority of our key position players under injury cloud again….
Yay
Dixon doesnt count. He was born under an injury cloud.

Todd is no worries. Really want to look at other forward options.

Hugh is a pain. Needed games this year and it's not going to be easy to get them from this far back.

That’s long term for Hugh, bloody shame.
Can we elevate a rookie ? Who do we have on the rookie , that Walsh fella ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't think rookies need to be elevated to play.

He's going to have difficulty making the grade now. Huge shame to miss the majority of the year, plus given that long duration out he will probably struggle to really do much when he does return this year. Would need an absolutely incredible preseason next year to justify remaining on the list, if he gets that far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's going to have difficulty making the grade now. Huge shame to miss the majority of the year, plus given that long duration out he will probably struggle to really do much when he does return this year. Would need an absolutely incredible preseason next year to justify remaining on the list, if he gets that far.
He's got a two year contract from memory, so fingers crossed.

Has the same tenacity and in an under tendencies as Butters, but without the outside class. Still have high hopes.

As his recently appointed buddy....

Damn.

Showed a glimpse last year. Has got a good footy brain and just like Sinny needs a run at it.

Will back him in to come good. The talent is there.

Go you good thing.

Bloody shame. Hope he comes back later this season and kills it.

We missed the cutoff for supplementary picks by just days. Any chance of getting anyone else on the list from outside?

Narkle not playing this week due to a back complaint. Todd Marshall, Drew, McCallum and Kyle Marshall also miss.

Ratugolea, Aliir, Finlayson and McKenzie all fit.

Tom Clurey not involved today. Charleson on crutches late in the game with a possible ankle injury.

Rules changed a few years ago. Any rookie can play if they are chosen in the side, its not dependent on a senior listed player being long term injured anymore.

Hi guys , how is Todd Marshall shaping for round 1. Was looking forward to him taking his game to a higher level in 24. Plays round 1 or no.? thanks in advance. Good luck for the season , just not against the Pies. Enjoy the season

Hi guys , how is Todd Marshall shaping for round 1. Was looking forward to him taking his game to a higher level in 24. Plays round 1 or no.? thanks in advance. Good luck for the season , just not against the Pies. Enjoy the season
Marshall will play round 1. I will be surprised if he doesn’t play on Friday night. If it was the season proper, I doubt he would have missed last week.

Marshall will play round 1. I will be surprised if he doesn’t play on Friday night. If it was the season proper, I doubt he would have missed last week.
Thanks Buget. Much appreciated and look forward to the young man making his “mark” on the game , no pun intended;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back