Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in the call to paw thread but didn't get a response.

Couple of questions for this game, have flights booked to fly over for it.
What end is the bulldog end?
What level would General Admission tickets get?
Where is the best place to sit?

I've been over to a few games before but been with mates and we get tickets anywhere.

Posted this in the call to paw thread but didn't get a response.

Couple of questions for this game, have flights booked to fly over for it.
What end is the bulldog end?
What level would General Admission tickets get?
Where is the best place to sit?

I've been over to a few games before but been with mates and we get tickets anywhere.
General admission are top level tickets. Best non reserved section is the western side of the ground. Home team is always at the northern end.
Most members have reserved seats on the eastern side of the ground. I like sitting almost on the wing on the western side as not a reserve seat member (get to 1-3 games per year). Need to get there early for those seats.

General admission are top level tickets. Best non reserved section is the western side of the ground. Home team is always at the northern end.
Most members have reserved seats on the eastern side of the ground. I like sitting almost on the wing on the western side as not a reserve seat member (get to 1-3 games per year). Need to get there early for those seats.

Thanks so it would be the Lockett end?

Watching the Richmond vs. Carlton game from 2002 that's on Fox Footy right now - what ever happened to the interchange notifications? I've honestly never really thought about it but they were always good. Helped you understand who was on the field at any given time when not at the game. Also fascinating to see how sides choose to rotate.

In the Adelaide game at Etihad a couple weeks ago I noticed a nice touch they have now above the interchanges. They have LED screens which currently tells you what players are sitting on the bench, they weren't up to date exactly and usually took a minute to update but I think it's a really cool idea.

Random correlation observation.
Teams with players with pony tails on the bottom of the ladder or struggling.
Who has the worst mop on our list and are they getting a game?

Kane Mitchell dislikes this.

In the Adelaide game at Etihad a couple weeks ago I noticed a nice touch they have now above the interchanges. They have LED screens which currently tells you what players are sitting on the bench, they weren't up to date exactly and usually took a minute to update but I think it's a really cool idea.
Interesting...I didn't notice that in round 1 so must be a new thing? Sounds very cool.

Are those what those numbers are? It was driving me crazy, I couldn't figure out what the hell they were for.

Are those what those numbers are? It was driving me crazy, I couldn't figure out what the hell they were for.

All the flashing advertising annoys me as well. Especially the carsales.com.au advert, its so bright it draws your eyes as it flicks

Yep it has the numbers of the guys in the bench and then the sub in I think yellow. I sit on level 2 wing so sit directly opposite it and it looks brillant.

Interesting...I didn't notice that in round 1 so must be a new thing? Sounds very cool.

Yeah I didn't notice it Round 1 either, have a look out for it this weekend if you get to the game. It's a great idea.

Think the bench numbers are yellow and the sub is green (and then red once the substitution has been made).

The advertising can be distracting at times, but I think the LED screens have been a welcome addition.

Etihad is a sterile cesspit of a stadium at times, and I'm convinced that it will one day rise up on it's robot legs and start vaporising the aggrieved penniless fans, but the place feels more like home when adorned with the RW&B - particularly after a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it has the numbers of the guys in the bench and then the sub in I think yellow. I sit on level 2 wing so sit directly opposite it and it looks brillant.

You sit near me then :)

If we win tomorrow now, no matter what the other results are we'll be outright second come the end of the round :drunk: This is of course assuming Fremantle win cause if they don't it'll be equal first.

#notgettingaheadofmyself

Watching parts of that fantastic twilight mothers day spectacle between Carlton & Brisbane, it seemed that despite Carlton handing out free tickets, the attendance was abysmal.

I jumped on the AFL website to see the official attendance and interestingly it is still listed as tbc.
Every other game for the round has the attendance listed but not the Carlton game.

Is it possible for clubs to withhold that sort of information?

Watching parts of that fantastic twilight mothers day spectacle between Carlton & Brisbane, it seemed that despite Carlton handing out free tickets, the attendance was abysmal.

I jumped on the AFL website to see the official attendance and interestingly it is still listed as tbc.
Every other game for the round has the attendance listed but not the Carlton game.

Is it possible for clubs to withhold that sort of information?
Just under 21,000 attended.

Didn't even look like that many to me...

It would be really interesting to see how attendances would compare next year if Carlton got handed a Sunday twilight fixture against an interstate team every second week and we got handed a bunch of night games against other Victorian teams.
I didn't look like that much to me either. But saw the figure somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back