Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issue with people giving an opinion, as I said I didn't mean for it to be a dig at you.
I was more referring to you saying you hated the Western part. It doesn't have to mean anything to people who don't support the dogs, so it doesn't really matter what they think.
Forget I said anything. Sorry.

But I never said 'Hate', rarely would I ever. But I do loathe it in the same way as I would loathe the 'Eastern Tigers'. Reason I was interested, I've been surrounded by a neighbours amazing collection of Footscray history. His father was a VFL official photographer around the 50s/60s and I was admiring the Footscray story.

It wasn't whether I liked it, although I gave an opinion which I guess I shouldn't have. I was wondering if it was on the cards to revert to the original title.
Short answer, no. Footscray is the vfl side and it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Forget I said anything. Sorry.

But I never said 'Hate', rarely would I ever. But I do loathe it in the same way as I would loathe the 'Eastern Tigers'. Reason I was interested, I've been surrounded by a neighbours amazing collection of Footscray history. His father was a VFL official photographer around the 50s/60s and I was admiring the Footscray story.
No need to apologise. Sometimes I slip into Bigfooty mentality and put it in a way the masses understand.

In all reality, the posters above have summed it up well. It won't happen and there is a real connection between the Bulldogs and the west. More so than say a Hawthorn and the east.

Feel like the AFL's coverage of the trade period this year has been particularly appalling.

If I see the terms wantaway and mooted again on the AFL website I think I'm going to explode.

Also surely CUB aren't too happy with all this "from where you'd rather be" business. Horrible subliminal advertising.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-22/trade-period-the-final-verdict - Ah, don't we just love Nathan Schmook?

Check out Schmook's assessment of St Kilda's trade period! Got 1 player who's snorting coke on Snapchat, and another who hasn't yet played an AFL game, yet he still gives tham an A-, only behind Geelong and Melbourne, who got ripped off for Ben Kennedy, Jake Melksham and Tom Bugg in exchange for, among others, a former pick 4, a top 10 pick and a first-rounder. Truly does show how much he knows.

Anyone go to this morning's end of year sale at Whitten? I took my 2yo along and got a couple of items. Things weren't heavily discounted like other years disappointingly.

Are we bridging the gap on the Hawks (based on season averages)

Kicks- Hawks 226.5 Dogs 202.3
Handballs- Hawks 168.6 Dogs 165.9
Disposals- Hawks 395.2 Dogs 368.2
Marks- Hawks 105.2 Dogs 87.0
Goals- Hawks 16.4 Dogs 14.1
Behinds- Hawks 11.4 Dogs 11.2
Scoring Shots- Hawks 27.8 Dogs 25.3
Tackles- Hawks 65.6 Dogs 68.4
Hit Outs- Hawks 44.5 Dogs 37.6
Frees For- Hawks 17.6 Dogs 17.0
Frees Against- Hawks 16.9 Dogs 16.8
Goal Assists- Hawks 11.6 Dogs 8.7
Inside 50's- Hawks 56.1 Dogs 54.8
Contested Possession- Hawks 134.5 Dogs 139.3
Uncontested Possession- Hawks 260.6 Dogs 228.0
Effective Disposals- Hawks 300.6 Dogs 270.6
Effective Disposals %- Hawks 76.1 Dogs 73.5
Clangers- Hawks 44.1 Dogs 44.1
Contested Marks- Hawks 10.5 Dogs 10.1
Marks Inside 50- Hawks 13.8 Dogs 10.9
Clearances- Hawks 40.4 Dogs 39.4
Rebound 50's- Hawks 30.3 Dogs 33.7
One Percenters- Hawks 50.7 Dogs 43.5
Bounces- Hawks 9.1 Dogs 9.2
Kick To Handball Ratio- Hawks 1.34 Dogs 1.22
Conversion- Hawks 59% Dogs 55.7%
Disposals Per Goal- Hawks 24.1 Dogs 26.11
Disposals Per Scoring Shot- Hawks 14.22 Dogs 14.55

Last 10 games- Hawks 6 VS Dogs 4
(All four dogs wins at Etihad Stadium)

Do you think MattDougie should apply for a job with the dogs?

http://www.seek.com.au/job/29792202

Western Bulldogs Club Mascot
At the Bulldogs, our Club Mascots (the pack of four) are an integral part our fan engagement strategy and the successful candidates will play a big part of delivering our match day entertainment. Performers will be required at all Victorian home games (10 in total) and also various community events such as school visits, Auskick Clinics, charity events and hospital visits.

The role is casual and will contain a range of public performances. An hourly rate will apply.

The successful candidates will be able to:

• Engage with Western Bulldogs' Members and Fans of all ages.
  • Attend all Western Bulldogs home games at Etihad Stadium (10 games)
  • Adapt to different promotional situations from match day to school appearances.
  • Be constantly looking for new ideas to improve our mascot's character and what they can bring to an appearance.
  • Have an outgoing personality and not be afraid to make a fool out of yourself
  • Never take the mascot head off around anyone.
  • Understand that you are representing the Western Bulldogs' at all times and should behave in a positive manner.
  • Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
  • High level of fitness required
  • Ability to perform within extreme heat conditions, restrictive outfits and impaired vision
  • Ability to perform on feet in mentioned conditions for at least three hours at a time (with breaks)

Skills and Experience

• Mascot experience preferred
  • Any additional talents or skills considered a bonus (gymnastics, dance, acrobat experience, stunts, juggling, uni-cycling, tumbling, belaying, stilt-walking, etc.)
  • Must demonstrate a high level of creativity, energy and spontaneity
  • Must have a current Working with Children Check
  • Must be of good moral character and strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
To apply, please send your resume together with a one page covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience to hr@westernbulldogs.com.au

Applications close 5pm, 13 November 2015.

Please note that due to the expected high level of interest only those applicants short listed will be contacted.

You will be asked the following questions when you apply:

• Are you eligible to work in Australia?
  • Do you have a current Working With Children (WCC) Check?
  • Please provide a link to your online 3 minute audition video (if available!)

Royal and Kennedy playing for the Vics on Fox atm [and Hardie for WA]. Kennedy has held Peake to 5 kicks so far, unfortunately each was a goal

Last edited:
They showed a Footscray game from 1986 on the Winners Rebooted tonight but unfortunately the only Dogs highlight that made the cut was an Angelo Petraglia behind o_O

Still, was interesting for a guy like me who wasn't born at the time to catch a glimpse of some of the players from that era

Has anyone else seen the dogs and pies game made out of Lego at Myer? Sorry if it already been posted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it wasn't for MD and td69's "fat fingered" ramblings (by the way has anybody ever seen them in a room at the same time?) I'm certain we would've been #1 this year.

Stop accepting mediocrity and lift your game!

12183748_1652695675014000_117844045623969824_o.jpg

Last edited:
I guess i should step up now and say i am sorry for at least 2.3 of our figure ;(

Quick question, with all the work the Bulldogs and Melbourne have invested in the women's AFL game and invested in the women's game as a whole, why the blinking heck is the inaugural women's academy scheduled to be held at blinking carltons ikon park ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick question, with all the work the Bulldogs and Melbourne have invested in the women's AFL game and invested in the women's game as a whole, why the blinking heck is the inaugural women's academy scheduled to be held at blinking carltons ikon park ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So Carlton can throw a heap of money at it and then claim it was all their idea the whole time.

Just like the whole 'winning premierships' thing. Their 16 ill-gotten cups ought to be melted down and recycled into a giant silver spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back