Now the w**k is over.....

Remove this Banner Ad

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Now that the media have finished shooting their collective load over Geelong this year, any chance they'll gain a little perspective next season?

Some of the pieces I read during the season looked like they had been drafted by the publicity department at Kardinia Park.

It's something the media does regularly - a few years back it was Sydney feeling the warm, sticky love of the press. Who's next? Buddy, get a box of tissues.

When the hell did the press love us? You've got some strange memories.

All we ever got was "Man, even if you don't like the way they play, you have to admire them!"

Great compliment, that.

Must of smoked some weird stuff a couple of years ago :D. I dont remember the love at all. Oh well being given a stealth cover by the media is better than this years Geelong circle jerk. The higher they rise, the harder they fall :rolleyes:

Robert Walls definitely loved you and more than one fell for the Blood Brothers thing.

It was more the AFL that was on your case about the style of play, but true it wasn't on the scale of the Geelong self-love.

Perspective is not the media's strong point. They have their agendas and favourites, and they will always be an arrogant bunch of tossers. Don't ever expect balanced opinion from the media ... you won't get it.
You hit the nail right on the head there adelaidehawk, the age even goes as far as actually sponsoring stkilda, no doubt the herald sun and mike sheehan in particular are green with envy :D

Now that the media have finished shooting their collective load over Geelong this year, any chance they'll gain a little perspective next season?

Some of the pieces I read during the season looked like they had been drafted by the publicity department at Kardinia Park.

It's something the media does regularly - a few years back it was Sydney feeling the warm, sticky love of the press. Who's next? Buddy, get a box of tissues.

It's obviously never going to change. Feeling a little left out are we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back