NT Football Thread 2007/2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a Magpie team in this comp? I know that was a team in the Tiwi Islands league known as the Magpie-Geese, I watched them in the 2005 Grand Final, from memory they lost.

I am going to keep an eye on this one I saw a game at Marrara between I think St. Mary's and Wanderers that was played during the rain and it looked as if they were playing in a swimming pool.

Glad ABC2 is showing the league again this season.

Is there a Magpie team in this comp? I know that was a team in the Tiwi Islands league known as the Magpie-Geese, I watched them in the 2005 Grand Final, from memory they lost.

I am going to keep an eye on this one I saw a game at Marrara between I think St. Mary's and Wanderers that was played during the rain and it looked as if they were playing in a swimming pool.

Glad ABC2 is showing the league again this season.
Yep, Palmerston Magpies, they have produced both the Davey boys and also Trent Hentschel

A number of current Norwood players will play join Brett Hand at St Mary's this year. He is a really good coach and very well respected so I think he will do well. Best of luck to him.

A number of current Norwood players will play join Brett Hand at St Mary's this year. He is a really good coach and very well respected so I think he will do well. Best of luck to him.

Do you know anything about this?

Do you know anything about this?

I am led to beleive that Steven Pollock who has played reserves over the last few years will be one along with Ryan Lewis who was the Reserves Magarey Medalist in 2006. Iggy Vallejo is likely to return and perhaps a couple of others. Brett is very well thought of so I wouldn't be surprised if there was more.

I am led to beleive that Steven Pollock who has played reserves over the last few years will be one along with Ryan Lewis who was the Reserves Magarey Medalist in 2006. Iggy Vallejo is likely to return and perhaps a couple of others. Brett is very well thought of so I wouldn't be surprised if there was more.
Where has Brett been playing then coaching since he left Norwood !? adelaide metro or out in the bush.

Where has Brett been playing then coaching since he left Norwood !? adelaide metro or out in the bush.

He is still at Norwood and will coach our reserves in the Finals. Personally I would have liked to have seen him as our Senior Coach but they reappointed Trevor Hill. Brett has worked his way up through the coaching ranks at Norwood, and coached the under 19's for a few years.

Redline, how has Iggy Vallejo been going down there for Norwood? Up here many people would rate Vallejo higher than Wonaeamirri yet 'Aussie' seems to be playing more seniors.

Also I've always thought that Iggy was a lot taller than him yet on the Norwood website it shows that Austin is taller. :confused:

Redline, how has Iggy Vallejo been going down there for Norwood? Up here many people would rate Vallejo higher than Wonaeamirri yet 'Aussie' seems to be playing more seniors.

Also I've always thought that Iggy was a lot taller than him yet on the Norwood website it shows that Austin is taller. :confused:

Aussie has been fantastic, he is class above the majoirty of others players inthe competition. I would presume he would get drafted.

Iggy has struggled to break into the leagu side on a regular basis, I think he should have played more as his reserves form has been good and he hasn't looked out of his depth at league level by any means. It's been a bad year for us on the field so perhaps that has had some effect on his confidence. I would love to see him back next year at Norwood, not sure if that is going to happen though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if he would get drafted but he is a very good player. Hopefully he plays for St Marys.

Surely there are a few players on this forum. how are your clubs fairing so far in pre-season? good numbers st training?

Pat Fittock from the Southern Districts F.C, is he any chance of getting drafted this year? Speaking to a crocidiles player the other day and he reckons he is a good chance, any other thoughts?

Anyone know if palmerston have picked up any players?

Id say Palmerston will have alot of the Kerang players returning adding in Peter Shepperd!
Even heard a little whisper that ex Magpie Premiership player Matt Addinsal will be back after a few years in Swan Hill!

More whispers elsewhere include Damien Zammit to Southern Districts from Darwin and ex Darwin players Shannon Goldsmith, Jason Robertson and Joel Tessman to join ex Darwin coach Paul Motlop at Wanderers this season!

Id say Palmerston will have alot of the Kerang players returning adding in Peter Shepperd!
Even heard a little whisper that ex Magpie Premiership player Matt Addinsal will be back after a few years in Swan Hill!

More whispers elsewhere include Damien Zammit to Southern Districts from Darwin and ex Darwin players Shannon Goldsmith, Jason Robertson and Joel Tessman to join ex Darwin coach Paul Motlop at Wanderers this season!
Jason Robertson....the name is familiar !? has he played down south previously, or representitive football some where

Jason Robertson....the name is familiar !? has he played down south previously, or representitive football some where

I think he is originally from somewhere in South Australia as is Goldsmith and Tessman!
There last year up in Darwin was with Chris Lewis at Darwin!

Hey all im from down southern VIC and am thinkin about comin up to play in the summer comp, ive wanted to for years so was just wonderin how id go about gettin some info??

Hey all im from down southern VIC and am thinkin about comin up to play in the summer comp, ive wanted to for years so was just wonderin how id go about gettin some info??

Go on the AFLNT website and click on the clubs and get the information.

how are the tahs looking for the season?
any significant ins/outs?

i dare say they will have alot of changes because they put in alot of time and money with players last year... they were expected to win easily last year but didn't.

Apparently Adam Houlihan, Clinton King and Simon Fletcher were all "95% chances" to play for Waratahs this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back