NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone that watched KO in the indies, what is he like as a face? He is a natural heel and I would like to see him stay that way until he leaves the WWE.
Watch some of his tag team run with El Generico (Sami Zayn) I think he's great as a face. Has enough exciting offense to pull it off, and it's even more impressive with his size.

Watched NXT, like always it had some good moments and bad moments.

Still loving Big Cass and Enzo, I think they're a little bit late on the guido train and I'm still doubtful it will catch on with mainstream fans but they're so charismatic and have a great sense of stage presence I think they can make it work.

I'm liking the Riley Owens feud but it's got a few problems. Mainly being that Finn Balor has been treated like an afterthought in all this and I am still none the wiser about his character or his feud with Owens. I love Owen's character but for me to invest in his match with Balor they really need to show us what Finn's character is.

As for Riley, I'd rather try to forget that awful rivalry he had with Miz. The entrance was great and the crowd was so into it because of Riley's energy, but then they begin the match with a collar and elbow tie up. Why start with a rest hold like that? Come out the blocks hard with a clothesline or something before CJ catches you wears you down and you can sell that "ring rust" story.

And I love CJ Parker, such a good character. It's been mentioned before but you need a guy like that to take losses so that a sort of kayfabe wrestling hierarchy is established. When you have everybody losing to everybody else like on Raw everybody looks terrible. On NXT you get a pretty good idea of "who is better than who" if that makes sense.
Agree fully. Thought it was a good first up match but thought it would have smarter to lead with aggression from Riley at the start then a reversal on some over committed attack followed by the ring rust. Good build at the end however. Loved the emotion he showed at the end of the match and the after show promo. Excite to see if he continues on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone that watched KO in the indies, what is he like as a face? He is a natural heel and I would like to see him stay that way until he leaves the WWE.

He was great as a face in ROH, but it was really based purely on the work. It was never this white meat s**t that you see in WWE - he did it by busting his arse, showing fire/"fighting spirit", doing entertaining high spots... and standing next to El Generico as he did the Ole stuff.

At the pub after the Glory game tonight, there was a girl at the bar standing next to me who looked exactly like Carmella except she had an Aussie accent.
Tell me you went up to her and said "Ba da ba, hottest chick in the bar! How you doin'?"

NXT basically wants to eat up all the indies and ROH now so that the WWE own their own alternative. I love NXT, but getting rid of the competition could be bad.

Briscoes on their radar aswell.

I've seen those rumours too - but I can't accept for a moment that they're true. Especially given the Demott stuff that just came to light, there is no way in the world that this company is going to employ Jay Briscoe.

Maybe the dirtsheets have their wires crossed - because of the lack of depth in the tag division, Jerry and Jack Brisco are back on their radar.

Seriously though, if they did take the Briscoes, it would remove any remaining doubt that NXT isn't really a developmental territory, it's WWE's third brand that's being used to weaken the indy circuit.

It's funny how NXT is the in thing right now but I'm sure in about three years time you'll only be considered a 'real wrestling fan' if you only support NJPW.

It also amazes me how Triple H is back in the good books of alot of fans and seen as the savior of WWE booking because of NXT. Honestly nothing is going to change when he takes over, he's just as egotistical and as petty as Vince, if he really could book well at the very least he could have salvaged something out of the trainwreck Authority storyline. I thought the way he screwed up Punk was bad but really, Seth Rollins was the most hated wrestler in a long time when he broke up the Shield. But since the turn, Rollins hasn't been given one single good creative angle despite being paired with Triple H. Not even a year has passed and Rollins isn't hated anymore. Most people have probably forgotten he broke up the Shield. If Triple H can't elevate a guy he's on-screen directly involved with who was already despised, I fail to see how we will be able to a significantly better job than Vince.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It also amazes me how Triple H is back in the good books of alot of fans and seen as the savior of WWE booking because of NXT. Honestly nothing is going to change when he takes over, he's just as egotistical and as petty as Vince, if he really could book well at the very least he could have salvaged something out of the trainwreck Authority storyline. I thought the way he screwed up Punk was bad but really, Seth Rollins was the most hated wrestler in a long time when he broke up the Shield. But since the turn, Rollins hasn't been given one single good creative angle despite being paired with Triple H. Not even a year has passed and Rollins isn't hated anymore. Most people have probably forgotten he broke up the Shield. If Triple H can't elevate a guy he's on-screen directly involved with who was already despised, I fail to see how we will be able to a significantly better job than Vince.

so we should hang out for the Rollins vs HHH feud?

I'm going to guess a Japanese person kicked Sanchez's dog. No one brings up NJPW in unrelated topics aside from him.

I would be curious to know if some NXT wrestlers prefer to stay there, rather than risk disappearing into nothing on the main roster. The money would be tempting, though -- I ignorantly assume.

I'm going to guess a Japanese person kicked Sanchez's dog. No one brings up NJPW in unrelated topics aside from him.

Skimmed this post. Read 'kicked' as 'ate'

977453-8d360e52-cb70-11e4-a716-dcac481e1bbe.jpg

all of a sudden i wish demott was still around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back