NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

NXT Taping Results for the next four weeks.

February 18

– William Regal spoke about the title change at Takeover. He booked Owens vs Neville tonight.

– Kevin Owens spoke in the ring. He said Sami is the past, and FINN Bálor is the future. Owens said he’s ready for Bálor anytime. Owens said he made his intentions clear when he came in, and he did what he said he’d do – become champion.

– Rhyno defeated Elias Samson quickly with a spear. The crowd loved him, chanting Rhyno, Holy s**t, and ECW at him loudly.

– Backstage, Rhyno faced off with Finn Bálor.

– Enzo & Cass defeated Vaudevillains with the assisted splash.

– Backstage, Blake & Murphy said they were no flukes. They hit on Carmella to her horror.

– Backstage, Adrian Neville said it was sort of a relief not being hunted anymore as champion. He’s the hunter now. He’s hunting Owens.

– CJ Parker came to the ring, putting caution tape everywhere. He was upset he wasn’t on Takeover, so he was canceling the show. Solomon Crowe debuted, taking CJ out. Crowe came in through the crowd, and left through the crowd.

– Sasha Banks defeated Blue Pants via submission with the Bank Statement. Blue Pants has music and a Tron now. Post math, Sasha was interviewed in the ring about her win at Takeover.

– Kevin Owens defeated Adrian Neville in a fantastic match, non-title. Huge spots from Neville including a 450 splash from the ring apron onto Owens on the floor.

February 25

– Hideo Itami defeated Bull Dempsey. Hideo was attacked by Tyler Breeze and his selfie stick attacked Hideo afterwards. As Tyler was looking at himself, Hideo recovered and beat up Breeze to end the segment.

– Lucha Dragons defeated Jason Jordan & Tye Dillinger via pinfall when Sin Cara pinned Tye with a senton. Jason Jordan walked out on Tye during the match.

– Baron Corbin defeated Tye Dillinger in 20 seconds. Tye was calling Jordan back out, but Corbin came instead.

– Becky Lynch defeated Bayley via arm bar.

– Finn Bálor defeated Brian Kendrick in an excellent match given plenty of time. Finn won after the double foot stomp. Owens sat in on commentary. After the match, Owens stood up and stared off with Finn. Kevin then laid out ALEX RILEY, who returned to commentary for this episode.

March 4

– Tyler Breeze defeated Adam Rose with the Beauty Shot. The rosebuds were trying to dance with Breeze but he kept them away with his selfie stick.

– Dubstep Cowboys defeated Angelo Dawkins & Sawyer Fulton of Shoot Nation.

– Baron Corbin squashed Tony Briggs. During the match, Kevin Owens went to commentary and stalked Alex Riley. Eventually, Owens poured water and Riley’s head. Jason Albert had to hold Alex back while Owens laughed.

– Alex Riley stormed off from commentary.

– Solomon Crowe defeated Bull Dempsey via pinfall after his slingshot splash.

– Sasha Banks retained her Women’s Championship against Charlotte. Sasha pinned Charlotte after throwing her off the too rope, then covering her using ropes for leverage.

March 11

– Enzo & Cass defeated Lucha Dragons. Enzo & Cass are building for a tag title shot. Enzo pinned Kalisto after the assisted splash.

– Alexa Bliss defeated Carmella via top rope moonsault.

– Alex Riley defeated CJ Parker with the Blockbuster. After the match, Kevin Owens came to the stage to call Riley the dumbest man in WWE. He said Riley was foolish for getting his back tattoo, and for giving up commentary to fight Owens. Owens vs Riley is coming.

– Tyler Breeze defeated Hideo Itami clean with the Beauty Shot in a very good match given time. Breeze the MVP of this set of shows.

It's back you guys... that hatred towards a heel is back.

I so wanted Sami Zayn to win that match, and even though Owens won it fairly cleanly, aside from the rolling out of the ring really, I hate him. I love that I hate him. I'm so confused.
Brilliant special all in all.

Disappointed with the Corbin Dempsey match, hopefully they let that feud die now.

I salso said a few months ago, the lucha dragons are both sloppy workers, maybe it's more noticeable because all they do is flippy s**t, but Kallisto's timing always seems off and Sin Cara just looks ****en bored.

That move from charlotte and bayley on sasha was ****en ace.

Yep, for me Zayn and Owens are streets ahead of anyone else in NXT because they can tell a story so well. My only real knock on the main event was that it was a little too similar to Brock vs Cena at Summerslam, and having the commentators point that out didn't help.

There really is no reason to call them up yet either. Last year they tried to introduce way too many NXT guys at once after wrestlemania, given that it's such a busy time they're bound to get shafted. It'd be much better to have a slow burn and make their debut sometime after summerslam or maybe even closer to survivor series. Would give them enough time to put together a great feud on NXT to really solidify why people should watch it, but it will still give them enough time to build some momentum and hopefully get a spot at wrestlemania 32.

Wishful thinking anyway.

Yep, for me Zayn and Owens are streets ahead of anyone else in NXT because they can tell a story so well. My only real knock on the main event was that it was a little too similar to Brock vs Cena at Summerslam, and having the commentators point that out didn't help.

There really is no reason to call them up yet either. Last year they tried to introduce way too many NXT guys at once after wrestlemania, given that it's such a busy time they're bound to get shafted. It'd be much better to have a slow burn and make their debut sometime after summerslam or maybe even closer to survivor series. Would give them enough time to put together a great feud on NXT to really solidify why people should watch it, but it will still give them enough time to build some momentum and hopefully get a spot at wrestlemania 32.

Wishful thinking anyway.

Agree on all (most?) parts. Gladly Zayn lost yesterday without a yelp, means there's more left in this feud. I was concerned there would be a hard fought match lots of near falls, trading finishers and a handshake/hug at the end signalling Sami moving on.

I think Neville is ready to move up, can't see what else there is for him to do in NXT except fade off out of the title picture. What's annoying with that scenario is there's no place for him on the main roster at the moment. Who would he program with? Kidd being the only real standout as far as I can tell, but he seems busy with the New Day or the Uso's or some s**t for some *en reason.

Agree on all (most?) parts. Gladly Zayn lost yesterday without a yelp, means there's more left in this feud. I was concerned there would be a hard fought match lots of near falls, trading finishers and a handshake/hug at the end signalling Sami moving on.

I think Neville is ready to move up, can't see what else there is for him to do in NXT except fade off out of the title picture. What's annoying with that scenario is there's no place for him on the main roster at the moment. Who would he program with? Kidd being the only real standout as far as I can tell, but he seems busy with the New Day or the Uso's or some s**t for some ****en reason.

Yeah Neville's at a loose end at the moment. I understand people would like him to go to Raw but without a solid character he won't get over with the mainstream WWE fans and I feel he'll have an Evan Bourne like career where he'll just be paired up with other generic faces.

Keep in mind if you count the Shield and Rusev as products of the FCW system, NXT are yet to have a successful call up yet. I don't regard Paige's call up as successful fwiw. They really need to work out a better way of introducing NXT people to the main roster, at the moment they just send them up and hope for the best.

February 18

– William Regal spoke about the title change at Takeover. He booked Owens vs Neville tonight.

– Kevin Owens spoke in the ring. He said Sami is the past, and FINN Bálor is the future. Owens said he’s ready for Bálor anytime. Owens said he made his intentions clear when he came in, and he did what he said he’d do – become champion.

– Rhyno defeated Elias Samson quickly with a spear. The crowd loved him, chanting Rhyno, Holy s**t, and ECW at him loudly.

– Backstage, Blake & Murphy said they were no flukes. They hit on Carmella to her horror.

– Backstage, Adrian Neville said it was sort of a relief not being hunted anymore as champion. He’s the hunter now. He’s hunting Owens.

– CJ Parker came to the ring, putting caution tape everywhere. He was upset he wasn’t on Takeover, so he was canceling the show. Solomon Crowe debuted, taking CJ out. Crowe came in through the crowd, and left through the crowd.

– Sasha Banks defeated Blue Pants via submission with the Bank Statement. Blue Pants has music and a Tron now. Post math, Sasha was interviewed in the ring about her win at Takeover.

– Kevin Owens defeated Adrian Neville in a fantastic match, non-title. Huge spots from Neville including a 450 splash from the ring apron onto Owens on the floor.

February 25

– Hideo Itami defeated Bull Dempsey. Hideo was attacked by Tyler Breeze and his selfie stick attacked Hideo afterwards. As Tyler was looking at himself, Hideo recovered and beat up Breeze to end the segment.

– Lucha Dragons defeated Jason Jordan & Tye Dillinger via pinfall when Sin Cara pinned Tye with a senton. Jason Jordan walked out on Tye during the match.

– Baron Corbin defeated Tye Dillinger in 20 seconds. Tye was calling Jordan back out, but Corbin came instead.

– Finn Bálor defeated Brian Kendrick in an excellent match given plenty of time. Finn won after the double foot stomp. Owens sat in on commentary. After the match, Owens stood up and stared off with Finn. Kevin then laid out ALEX RILEY, who returned to commentary for this episode.

March 4

– Tyler Breeze defeated Adam Rose with the Beauty Shot. The rosebuds were trying to dance with Breeze but he kept them away with his selfie stick.

– Baron Corbin squashed Tony Briggs. During the match, Kevin Owens went to commentary and stalked Alex Riley. Eventually, Owens poured water and Riley’s head. Jason Albert had to hold Alex back while Owens laughed.

– Sasha Banks retained her Women’s Championship against Charlotte. Sasha pinned Charlotte after throwing her off the too rope, then covering her using ropes for leverage.

March 11

– Enzo & Cass defeated Lucha Dragons. Enzo & Cass are building for a tag title shot. Enzo pinned Kalisto after the assisted splash.

– Alex Riley defeated CJ Parker with the Blockbuster. After the match, Kevin Owens came to the stage to call Riley the dumbest man in WWE. He said Riley was foolish for getting his back tattoo, and for giving up commentary to fight Owens. Owens vs Riley is coming.

– Tyler Breeze defeated Hideo Itami clean with the Beauty Shot in a very good match given time. Breeze the MVP of this set of shows.
Do they do all 4 shows in the one night?

Ah well you'd certainly will get your money's worth if you go.

For some reason I just thought they did them weekly but were on a 4 week delay.

Yeah Neville's at a loose end at the moment. I understand people would like him to go to Raw but without a solid character he won't get over with the mainstream WWE fans and I feel he'll have an Evan Bourne like career where he'll just be paired up with other generic faces.

Keep in mind if you count the Shield and Rusev as products of the FCW system, NXT are yet to have a successful call up yet. I don't regard Paige's call up as successful fwiw. They really need to work out a better way of introducing NXT people to the main roster, at the moment they just send them up and hope for the best.
Bray Wyatt a NXT product?

February 18

February 25

March 4

March 11

I don't watch WWE or NXT very often, I pretty much just scroll these forums, but is it just me, or does NXT just seem like TNA now? That's all I think of when I see some of these names haha. Dubstep Cowboys? Wtf? Shoot Nation? Blue Pants? And since when was Rhyno back? And why would he be at NXT? Just a once off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next 4 weeks are gonna be gooood.
I don't watch WWE or NXT very often, I pretty much just scroll these forums, but is it just me, or does NXT just seem like TNA now? That's all I think of when I see some of these names haha. Dubstep Cowboys? Wtf? Shoot Nation? Blue Pants? And since when was Rhyno back? And why would he be at NXT? Just a once off?
Although TNA has been pretty good recently NXT is way ahead. Dubstep Cowboys is just a nickname some people have for Blake and Murphy because they're theme is dubstep and Wesley Blake's old gimmick was as a cowboy. Shoot Nation is a bunch of guys who think they're superior because they have a background in amateur wrestling, hence the shoot. Blue Pants is the greatest wrestler in NXT! She was originally brought in as a joke jobber, but she got over with it. Kendrick is back trying to become an NXT trainer, so apparently Rhyno might be trying to do the same.

Given he was part of development back in the FCW he doesn't count for me. But granted the Bray Wyatt character was created in the current NXT environment.
Lana is 100% NXT, does she count? :p

I'd say she's been a great success. The whole not being an in ring competitor part aside...

Great show. NXT is the best wrestling show by a country mile. What you just saw in the main event was the perfect babyface vs the perfect heel. Great psychology. Something that's missing from a lot of current rasslin.

I was a bit late watching Takeover, I only got to watch it last night.

I feel like I was right all along with Corbin. The dude really, really sucks. That match was just heinous. The tag title match wasn't much better - that was just botch after botch. You could see what they were trying to do and work a really quick match, they just lacked the chemistry.

But Balor vs Neville took it to another level. What an incredible matches, with some of the most believable false finishes I've seen in ages. I thought it was probably better than the RR 3-way as match of the year... and then I thought the women's title match topped it. I loved everything about that match - the only thing I didn't like after the match was the little hug. At least Sasha managed to try and heel it up coming out of the hug. But it's just not a good look that they're so happy to break kayfabe after the story they've told.

I don't understand the decision in the main event. Since when is ref stoppage a way for the title to change? And what message are they sending if the title can change on a concussion? Surely with a concussion it's just the case that one of the competitors isn't fit to compete and the match gets thrown out?

I'm a little bit indifferent about the match itself. It wasn't 4 or 5 stars, it was just part of a storyline. In 2 months we'll look at it in the same way that we came to look at the first Hardy vs Edge match at Summerslam where Hardy just got beaten up and lost on a blood stoppage - just the beginning of the story.

Still, knowing that, it would've been nice for WWE to figure out a way to get the womens match on last, because the NXT Title match didn't need to.

That Bull and Corbin match was terrible. Corbin get's about two moves in while Bull is kicking his arse and then bam finisher and done. Didn't even use any weapons! What was the point of having it no DQ?

#NXTTakeoverreallydelayed

Botchcity at the moment. I read how sloppy this match was, didn't realise it was this bad.

The Dragons just didn't look interested, you could tell just from their entrance.

I thought Blake and Murphy looked pretty good.

#NXTTakeoverreallydelayed

I don't understand the decision in the main event. Since when is ref stoppage a way for the title to change? And what message are they sending if the title can change on a concussion? Surely with a concussion it's just the case that one of the competitors isn't fit to compete and the match gets thrown out?

People would be far more pissed off if the match was stopped due to injury and Owens didn't win. It's an idea taken from MMA anyways, they just haven't established that the referee can end the match at his own discretion if he feels that one of the competitors is too badly injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back