Portfolio NZFL: New Zealand Football League (by workhorse)

Remove this Banner Ad

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
The newest edition of the Internation Football Leagues.

LeagueLogo.jpg

The New Zealand Australian Football League (NZAFL) is a fictional Australian Rules football league in New Zealand. 6 franchises are based in the more populous North Island with 2 others in the South Island.

Teams:

1. Auckland Heat - Auckland, the largest city in New Zealand, straddles the Auckland Volcanic Field. The name 'Heat' is a reference to the lava in volcanoes.
2. Christchurch Saints - Refers to the name of the city, Church - Saints :rolleyes:
3. Napier Rams - Napier is the nexus of the largest wool export in the Southern Hemisphere. I chose Rams because 'sheep' didn't seem footbally enogh.
4. Otago Reds (Dunedin) - Refers to the reddish/ochre clay which is common around the area of Dunedin.
5. Tauranga Breakers - 'Breakers' refers to the waves from the Pacific Ocean crashing in the Bay of Plenty at Tauranga.
6. Waikato Power - The Horahora Power station is a hydro-power station on the Waitako River.
7. Whangarei Bulls - The Northland region's economy is based around agriculture, mainly beef cattle.
8. Wellington Capitals - Pretty straight forward, Wellington is the capital of New Zealand.

*** I will not be posting Logos, Jumpers etc. until at least 10th of January, but stay tuned for more info.***

Re: NZFL: New Zealand Football League

Only 2 South Island teams out of 8... deliberately unbalanced?

Only 2 South Island teams out of 8... deliberately unbalanced?

Umm no not really I was basically on Wikipedia and was choosing a city from the most populous regions. The North Island has a population 3.3 mil while the South Island has only 1.03 mil with 500 tho in Christchurch alone. I guess thats just how it worked out.

this would be gold if it actually got up and running!

anybody got any info on whether there is actually an interest in something like this being set up?

2 full kits have been completed. Here they are:
1. Auckland Heat
AucklandHeat.jpg

2. Christchurch Saints
ChristchurchSaints.jpg

thoughts?

You made those logos from scratch? They look amazing!

Loving the Heat logo, that's a ripper.

I'm not keen on the Saints' jumpers though, they're a bit overtly religious for me. I'd try and work the wings into it rather than the cross IMO.

Any thoughts on using the colours of the provinces?
I can't find what the colours of each province are. I've decided to try and use colours that are relevant to the connection/mascot.

Well for Otago I'm using Blue and Gold from the Otago Flag but apart from that I can't find what the colours of each province are. I've decided to try and use colours that are relevant to the connection/mascot.

Fair enough mate.

I know them if you want to use them.

1. Auckland Heat
AucklandHeat.jpg

?

I entered the first NAFL with Auckland Heat as a concept, but my idea's for it were nowhere near as good as this, so I'm really glad I didn't win that bid.

The logo and the home jumper are amazing. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

couldnt agree more. DOnt like em, dont read through em. Pretty simple. This boards more active now then it has been since the end of the footy season- let em ride.

BTW- awesome work workhorse thats Saints logo is unreal!

:thumbsu: yes usafootyfan, yes! maybe now we can actually keep the discussion across the board on "footy jumpers and photoshops" rather than that nonsense complaining rubbish :confused: that's become ever increasingly popular.

That link gives us:

FORBIDDEN!

You have attempted to access my site in a bad way... either that or you are lost (or I screwed up on my code!)

Please back up, and try browsing the site through the paths set out on the homepage

Thank you!

Chris Creamer
sportslogos.net

On a lighter note, heres Otago:

4. Otago Reds

OtagoReds.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back