Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Now that the long months of summer are almost upon us, it's time to get some other hobby for a few months.

I've bought & borrowed some new kit to set up my work bench for a bit of woodworking. I have an old armchair that needs a new frame (sentimental value, long story), and I've decided that I can make it myself. Little bit of a project.

I follow the cricket during the summer of course, but sometimes it's better to listen to it on the radio while doing something else productive.

Can't be stuffed following the cricket too much this summer, have decided to invest my time in the garden.

Just put some soil out in the back yard today and sowed some lawn while listening to the races at Mooney Valley. Put a few bets on the phone and drank some little creatures.
Rinse and Repeat for the whole off season.

love the cricket and the beach. Have a son who loves surfing, so spend a lot of time there. We also have a boat so go fishing when we have time.

I managed to make a lot of sawdust this afternoon, almost a whole dustpan full it.

I intend to mark my progress in terms of volume of sawdust created.

I'm with you Admiral, I'm getting stuck into the woodworking. I live in a teeny tiny apartment and desperately need more storage space, so I'm building upwards. Pretty much every surface in my place is going to have shelves built to size that sit on top and reach up to the ceiling. Its going to look like the bit in ikea just before you get to the checkout.

I have discovered that my cat hates the sound of a power planer. But is attracted to the sound of a staple gun.

I'm spending a large part of the off-season traveling. I'm kind of re leaved every off season in a way. I feel like I can do many of the things my footy obsession doesn't allow me.

Do drugs and go out and nurse hangovers. Goodbye "oh, I don't want to be hungover for the Freo game" and (almost) gone is the restriction of uni.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But this is about what we're going to do differently.

Though I must say, cricket is quite hypnotic when combined with a bit of green. It even makes England blocking for two days interesting.

It'll certainly dull the pain of an Ashes spanking :(

> Preparing to go to the Royal Military College for a month in January...
> Cricket, although I prefer the domestic competition and the Warriors are horrible
> doing things with my girlfriend that she doesn't get to do in winter, when all I want to do is watch football.

That's about all I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back