NRL "Off the ball"

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be watching Swans v Pies... can't really watch a game where I want both teams to lose and there can only be one loser.

Then you don't appreciate the game of rugby league very much, I watch teams I don't like because their part of the comp. and finals especially are a must for me.

Then you don't appreciate the game of rugby league very much, I watch teams I don't like because their part of the comp. and finals especially are a must for me.
Like both AFL and NRL, but more of an AFL fan to be honest. Also between a match between one team I don't mind against one team I hate up against two teams I hate of course I'm going to pick the match with the team I don't mind.

Although I did flick over at quarter time, half time etc.

I guess because of the GF I see that youtube is full of NRL videos (down the sidebar).

I've just been watching the 2005 GF highlights, Tigers v Cowboys. I didn't even know that Scotty Prince played for the Tigers! Well, why would I, really; I didn't follow the NRL in those days. He (Prince) was pretty quick too, in those days. Not 'young Benji quick', but pretty quick. I'd seen the Pat Richards try before, where Benji breaks down the left wing, and throws the no-look pass as Richards cuts inside him; I guess that's quite a famous one.

Surprised JT didn't do the kicking for the Cowboys in those days.

I see the Titans have signed a young teenage full-back from Wigan. Be interesting to see of he gets any NRL games next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys. Trust all is well. Great holiday over in NZ. Got to spend a heap of time with my family in Auckland which was great and got to see first hand the devastation which crippled Christchurch. You went into some parts of the city and it was like a ghost town. The whole scene is still very sad.

I see (and it really is hardly surprising) that Izzie has chucked it in. At least he had a go. Back to the harsh reality of working life on tuesday. :(

Hi guys. Trust all is well. Great holiday over in NZ. Got to spend a heap of time with my family in Auckland which was great and got to see first hand the devastation which crippled Christchurch. You went into some parts of the city and it was like a ghost town. The whole scene is still very sad.

I see (and it really is hardly surprising) that Izzie has chucked it in. At least he had a go. Back to the harsh reality of working life on tuesday. :(

Glad to hear you had a good holiday, there's nothing like catching up with family members again, but leaving them again is sad though you are lucky its only a 4 hr flight so that's heartening.

There really hasnt been that much press here on the rebuilding of Christchurch after the earthquake. Obviously its going to be a massive and longterm project to get it back to how it was. Can you or NU fill us in a little about what stage its at?

Currently there is a royal enquirery going on into the responce from emergency services and the lack of structure in responce to the problems. Seems that neither the fire service, police or urban search and rescue were prepared for such an event. Stories coming through from the enquirery about people talking on the phone to emergency services while traped in buildings who would later die in the bildings, a story of a woman who had her hands severed by falling debrie, trapped in a building and using her teeth to dial the emergency number but she too would later die. The CBD is pretty much a ghost town but they have put shipping containers into the CBD for shop owners to reopen. It will be years before the city is rebuilt....large urban housing areas that have now been abandoned due to earth damage from the quake.

Long story short, I went from not being able to get Radiohead tickets in March, but today Ticketek released more tickets (assuming they managed to find the scalpers) and I AM GOING ON FRIDAY NIGHT!

Can't wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back