Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ich kann spreche Deutsch.
I don't - I speak crap pretty well though.

I was mortified to find out that my high school French teacher learned her lessons the night before teaching us. One of my older brother's friends was a teacher there and told me! Hence je non speak francais pas . Or deutsche . Just crap.

As a kid I dreamed of being a lawyer. Then I did a couple of law subjects as a part of my commerce degree first year... The dream quickly faded... Not for me.

I realised my brain is wired more for mathematics than law (find copious amounts or reading/theory hard to remember, but not mathematical problems)...

Well at least I found this out early. Was initially planning to do post grad law.:oops:
I did an MBA many years ago and loved the law subjects. May have missed my calling I think.

Have a few lawyer friends, one who could be a standup legend he is that funny. Love the conceptual framework/construct (?) of law.

Last edited:

Well, I don't speak French, and I never went to uni. I feel like a troglodyte among all of you very learned people. :oops:
Lol- eyes a bit bleary this morning. Thought that said "trilobite" at first. Was discussing with a friend a few days ago- she's a geo and studied in NZ and we were just talking about her son doing a Geology unit at Uni and trilobites popped up in the conversation.
Ever played Word Association??

Haha- I can imagine you walking around the house talking to your vacuum cleaner in PL :D

Some might still be asleep - SquishyKitty and Rainfall
I don't have to be up for another half an hour
Some might be working.

I love cryptic crosswords and sudoku. Always do some Sudoku on my iPad and the CC in the paper. Sometimes not very well- particularly if I haven't done them for a while. I think my brain goes backward after having a break :(

Lol- eyes a bit bleary this morning. Thought that said "trilobite" at first. Was discussing with a friend a few days ago- she's a geo and studied in NZ and we were just talking about her son doing a Geology unit at Uni and trilobites popped up in the conversation.
Ever played Word Association??
Yes! It's good value when you're pissed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teriyakicat, is this the new chit chat?

If so, should we ask the mods to merge the 2 threads? Otherwise it gets messy.
Teriyakicat and SquishyKitty found that Chit Chat got too bogged down with discussion on certain topics, I think this is a lighter, breezier affair where you can just pop in and say hello :)

Teriyakicat and SquishyKitty found that Chit Chat got too bogged down with discussion on certain topics, I think this is a lighter, breezier affair where you can just pop in and say hello :)
I thought chit chat flowed from topic to topic without too much of a hiccup.:confused:
Just think it's confusing when we have to pop from thread to thread to have a chit chat.

I thought chit chat flowed from topic to topic without too much of a hiccup.:confused:
Just think it's confusing when we have to pop from thread to thread to have a chit chat.
I never really ventured in there because I had no idea what the main point of discussion was and never found an opportunity to pipe up about something, but you're going to have to talk to one of those girls if you think it should be merged.

I never really ventured in there because I had no idea what the main point of discussion was and never found an opportunity to pipe up about something, but you're going to have to talk to one of those girls if you think it should be merged.
But that's the same as here then? No main point, can flow in and out.:confused:
Sorry, I'm confused, did ask TC, but she must be busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back