Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
its hard to shorten the arm length on a blazer unless you are a pretty smashing tailor. my problem with cloths is always that broad shoulders are apparently only meant to be on guys 6 foot 4, not 5 foot 10, so anything made to fit my shoulders is too long elsewhere. sure, the beer gut doesnt help, but i have always had issues with clothes because i am short and wide, even when i only weighed 70kg.....slightly way more these days....
Hahaha! Lolling :D
Yeah, lots of sleeves are very tricky.
My girls have trouble with legs on trousers and jeans- they never make them long enough, so they are restricted to a few brands. *sigh Wish I had their problem!!

So now Teri's secret identity is revealed

tHRGs9a.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i bought some nice chukkas today, 50% off. and found a sports jacket that is wide enough in the shoulders for my massive lumberjack torso, but short enough in the arm for my t-rex like short limbs. a rare combo.

Yeah my ex had similar problems. His size is XL with jackets and t-shirts usually, but they are always tight around his shoulders. He goes up to XXL and the length is now way too long.

Once in a while he would drag me around DFO to get new clothes, omg it was so tedious.

Hahaha! Lolling :D
Yeah, lots of sleeves are very tricky.
My girls have trouble with legs on trousers and jeans- they never make them long enough, so they are restricted to a few brands. *sigh Wish I had their problem!!

Yes tell them that. Please :rolleyes:

I usually have the reverse problem- pants too long, have to get them altered. Altho... having said that recently buying clothes I have been pretty fortunate and haven't had to do that. I have tho a lot in the past.

And I don't even bother trying on long dresses. Always look like a little kid playing dress up trying on those.

Yeah my ex had similar problems. His size is XL with jackets and t-shirts usually, but they are always tight around his shoulders. He goes up to XXL and the length is now way too long.

Once in a while he would drag me around DFO to get new clothes, omg it was so tedious.

Jeans are like that for me. Me and my short Asian legs. I just end up loading up with clothes when I go o/s.

I usually have the reverse problem- pants too long, have to get them altered. Altho... having said that recently buying clothes I have been pretty fortunate and haven't had to do that. I have tho a lot in the past.

And I don't even bother trying on long dresses. Always look like a little kid playing dress up trying on those.

Skirts here are like strapless dresses for my wife :rolleyes:

Jeans are like that for me. Me and my short Asian legs. I just end up loading up with clothes when I go o/s.

Don't guys tho, with pants you have different lengths?!?! Yet another inconsistency between mens and womens. :p

I think Target does that with women's pants, but **** that if I'm going to do all my shopping at Target.

Well she could wear them as a strapless dress then :D

Ugh, boots is another pain in my arse. I'm talking knee high ones. Never fit me in the calf it takes me ages to find some that fit properly. Too many shoe makers making boots to fit the ****ing fat calves out there in this world. :rolleyes:

Lol
A lot of shops sell stuff made in Asia and their ladies are quite small- makes it tough for bigger kids.
My daughters can't wear those long dresses either because they only go to mid-calf....
I just told them to start a new fashion trend. So what if everyone else's long dresses reach their ankles? :rolleyes:
Kids are too precious these days!

Well she could wear them as a strapless dress then :D

Ugh, boots is another pain in my arse. I'm talking knee high ones. Never fit me in the calf it takes me ages to find some that fit properly. Too many shoe makers making boots to fit the ****ing fat calves out there in this world. :rolleyes:
It's your punishment for looking after your body so well :)
Just let it go, Shell!! :p

Don't guys tho, with pants you have different lengths?!?! Yet another inconsistency between mens and womens. :p

I think Target does that with women's pants, but **** that if I'm going to do all my shopping at Target.
Yes- lots of shops have R and L, whatever, legs. Levi's sell different length legs but not all shops stock them.

I thought there was plenty of small stuff for women?
I remember having problems with my girls when they were between kid's and women's clothes. Kids' stuff was too small, women's stuff was too mature- looking.
Eventually we found something they could wear- shirts and jeans/shorts. ;)

Yeah I remember having that problem too.

Also working in sports retail, particularly with boys runners, there was always a gap btwn the end of sizes with boys and the start of mens. NFI why, but some kids would come in we just couldnt fit. And cue pissed parent.

Not our ****ing fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back