Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are self indulgent they think that the rest of the human race gives a s**t about the bile they spew forth.

You may be getting the feeling that I don't like Twitterati.
I don't really do Twitterati, so they can do what they want, I just want them to get off BF :p

Last edited:

No- it's called Big Footy, unfortunately, Allrighty- and shitty behaviour like that should stay in Bay 13 where it belongs.
I find it hard to understand how people who all follow a team together can happily rip the crap out of each other. There is a plenty about social media that is very, very ordinary IMHO.

10330379_10152112254503030_2922085644651433379_n.jpg

Guess who for?

Wow!!! Amira is just incredible!!! When she was singing I was thinking that she is as good as Maria Callas, who sings my favourite version, + the judge said she was a Maria Callas! What a gift! Gianni Schicchi is one of my favourite operas + mio babbino caro is one of my favourite arias. What a huge talent Amira is!!!
For those interested here is Maria Callas' version -

Incredible voice and poise!
I do take a few things with a good dose of salt- the organisers love these people to say they've had no training but it often comes out that they're in an amateur society a la Paul Potts. Wouldn't be surprised to hear she actually does have a singing teacher- I thought she looked very uncomfortable at a couple of the questions.
Having said that, though, it certainly doesn't take anything away from the incredibility of that voice coming from one so young. Even if she were 5 years older, it's still an incredible voice!

Glad you both enjoyed it as much as I did.
Was totally gobsmacked to be honest, listening to her chatting away in a typical little girls voice, then hearing that adult sounding voice when she started singing just about blew me away, just like it did the judges I think.

(Oh- and thanks! I hadn't seen that. I really enjoyed it, too. It gave me goosebumps and brought a tear to my eye.)

Not at all embarrassed to admit that was exactly the same reaction from me as well.

Glad you both enjoyed it as much as I did.
Was totally gobsmacked to be honest, listening to her chatting away in a typical little girls voice, then hearing that adult sounding voice when she started singing just about blew me away, just like it did the judges I think.

Not at all embarrassed to admit that was exactly the same reaction from me as well.
There are quite a few clips like that- kids with voices so much more mature than their years, young men who come out with jaw-dropping opera voices despite looking like something a cat dragged in- there are some amazing clips to be found out there from these talent shows. There's also a lot of s**t but hopefully you have friends who can sift through the s**t and highlight the gems for you :)
If I spot any similar revelations, I'll post them here for you to enjoy. :)

There are quite a few clips like that- kids with voices so much more mature than their years, young men who come out with jaw-dropping opera voices despite looking like something a cat dragged in- there are some amazing clips to be found out there from these talent shows. There's also a lot of s**t but hopefully you have friends who can sift through the s**t and highlight the gems for you :)

Yeah I spotted some when I found the one I posted, haven't had a chance to check them out yet but will definitely do so ASAP.

If I spot any similar revelations, I'll post them here for you to enjoy. :)

Thanks TC, look forward to it, oh and thanks for replying in the footy thread about Smedts, didn't have the time to reply and when I logged on again it had slipped back about four pages so figured I'd just let it go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And in the forward line hopefully, or is that asking for to much. :rolleyes:

Can't for the life of we understand why they persist in trying to make him into something he obviously ain't.
I think it must make complete sense to them- otherwise they wouldn't do it. They've wasted their pick 1, otherwise- and I'm sure Wellsy would be at them
Quick smart if he thought they were ruining him.
I guess we'll have to keep waiting- and hope that something comes of it all.

I think it must make complete sense to them- otherwise they wouldn't do it. They've wasted their pick 1, otherwise- and I'm sure Wellsy would be at them
Quick smart if he thought they were ruining him.
I guess we'll have to keep waiting- and hope that something comes of it all.

You're right of course, there must be some method to their madness, seem to recall an interview with him early on where he said he was trying to model himself on Andrew Mackie so who knows, may develop down back but I just ain't seeing it I'm afraid, plus I think our need for a crumbing forward is more urgent right at the moment.

You're right of course, there must be some method to their madness, seem to recall an interview with him early on where he said he was trying to model himself on Andrew Mackie so who knows, may develop down back but I just ain't seeing it I'm afraid, plus I think our need for a crumbing forward is more urgent right at the moment.
Could've done with one over the past 2 years :(
He's got good hands when picking up the ground balls. He's got good evasive skills- never mind the lack of awareness- when he just needs to pick up the ball, turn, dodge, then take a step and kick, the lack of awareness plays very little part in the result. And he has kicked a few goals in a game (it's a few years ago now but there was one game vs the Bombers in which he kicked 3 goals) - averaging a goal a game in 2013. If he could maintain that average and get a couple of goal assists just for starters, I'd take that, thanks very much!

TBH, I don't like Coca Cola, but I do like Little Red!
I was trying to have a little pun on THE REAL THING, but of course, we can't put our real images up as avatars, can we?
Lol- I thought you were telling me you'd rather drink coca cola than coffee- after I'd mentioned how many coffees I'd had that day. :$

I'm glad we don't have our real pics up as avatars. That would cause a lot of problems, I think :)

You could put your Real Pic up as your av if you wanted- nobody would know :)

What about this, then?

Lol- I thought you were telling me you'd rather drink coca cola than coffee- after I'd mentioned how many coffees I'd had that day. :$

I'm glad we don't have our real pics up as avatars. That would cause a lot of problems, I think :)

What about this, then?

Nice.
But not subtle.
Do you actually like the Little Red song?
Can't find anyone else who appreciates it.

What about this, then?

Chit chat has a selfie you could use as an avatar;)

And Vdubs sadly I love coke:( and have fallen victim to the irresistible force that is Vanilla Coke. Who was it that they also loved vanilla coke, was it Shell or TurtleMaster??

Nice.
But not subtle.
Do you actually like the Little Red song?
Can't find anyone else who appreciates it.
I quite like it- the song reminds me of one from many years ago- before this group were born, probably!- similar voice singing it, similar style- but I can't quite place it. It'd be one of those catchy songs I liked by a one-hit wonder. :) Or one song I liked by a group but didn't like their other music, probably.
Let me listen a bit more and see if I can figure it out.

Chit chat has a selfie you could use as an avatar;)

And Vdubs sadly I love coke:( and have fallen victim to the irresistible force that is Vanilla Coke. Who was it that they also loved vanilla coke, was it Shell or TurtleMaster??
Thought it was Shell. Could've been Kitty.

Was this the selfie?
image.jpg

I had it as my av last night but only briefly. I had two people say how gross and disgusting it was, so I took it down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back