Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a few good tracks in there fam
It would be a disappointment even if it was a great album tbh. I discovered Tame when Lonerism came out and it was like (don't cringe) the soundtrack of that summer for me. There's an aura around those first 2 albums because of how good da vibes were when I found them. There's already more than a hint of nostalgia when I listen to em now despite it only being a few years ago.

It would be a disappointment even if it was a great album tbh. I discovered Tame when Lonerism came out and it was like (don't cringe) the soundtrack of that summer for me. There's an aura around those first 2 albums because of how good da vibes were when I found them. There's already more than a hint of nostalgia when I listen to em now despite it only being a few years ago.
Innerspeaker is my fave personally. I blame the faint demise on Nick Allbrook's departure.

Maybe Currents is comparable to Mumford's latest; a solid tracklist, but considered a letdown given the sheer brilliance of the band's previous albums.

Innerspeaker is my fave personally. I blame the faint demise on Nick Allbrook's departure.

Maybe Currents is comparable to Mumford's latest; a solid tracklist, but considered a letdown given the sheer brilliance of the band's previous albums.
Innerspeaker is my favourite too. Lonerism has some better individual tracks but Innerspeaker is a better album. More structured too.

It's grown on me. Just change the artist name in iTunes, and don't expect any singles.

If Kevin Parker had have released it under his name then it wouldn't have all this fan backlash from Tame Impala lovers. They might even appreciate it to a degree. Critically it's been acclaimed.

I never really got into Innerspeaker, loved Lonerism, and am really enjoying Currents too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back