Media Official 2015 Off Season Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

WAG

The People's Captain
Mar 3, 2010
In the trenches.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok fellas before we get this going, Good luck to swansfan and reggie in the big dance this week. Should be a cracking contest.

Now onto season 2015. Things I'd like to see happen:

FF and FA removed as categories. IMO it detracts from the tactical nature of the game, as umpires change their interpretations of rules from week to week. I get the argument that free kicks decide games in RL, however in RL I'd be training my players to tackle properly etc. Are there any other categories to choose from that we can trade/draft for?

I'd like to see trading all year round including finals. This would create more interest in the game from coaches who are ineligibles as they could snare some good young talent for the future by giving up current scoring players who may be in the twilight of their careers. A good league is an active league and this one has a little bit to go in that respect.

Anything else? Thoughts? Comments?

I think at a minimum Zim^zuM suggetsion of double all other categories will reduce the impact of FF/FA on games alot which is great.

I have no issue with trading all year around either,

I think if people could voice there opinion on all things BFFL now or soon that would be great as it emans we can really push into next season and teh off season trading and drafting.

I think we have a really good group, i think the new coaches have done well, i think they all, apart from Wacky Tiger made finals and he took a longer term view which was appropriate with his list, look out in the coming years. And also i think i few coaches got a wake up call from the rookies. All in all i think we have 10-13 coaches who can turn this league into something where we have people really jealous of our situation because leagues with serious active coaches are hard to find.

Free kicks is always a talking point in any league. They add a luck factor. Which can also be a leveler to keep the competition tight and close. Bad free kicks can impact real life games. Without free kicks there isnt alot.of categories. We trialled my suggestion in one of my leagues. It seemed to have worked well. There wasnt a massibe swing but there were results that were impacted. Eg a team ended up winning where they ordinarily would have lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back