Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he will, absolutely. Only a matter of time.

Last night would have been a lot trickier if he wasn't there, he makes such a difference.

Just another day on top of the league
blue%20scalf.gif

Still leading! I'm happy City's game got postponed. They're going to have a huge fixture pile up.

Still leading! I'm happy City's game got postponed. They're going to have a huge fixture pile up.

I don't think one game is going to make a big difference. All depends how far we progress in cups.

I would have preferred for them to have played last night in wet conditions and City missing some of their key players.

As Moomba pointed out on the main board City may be looking to rest some players ahead of three game against Barca three days later. While we should be fielding our best eleven as we have a break until the following weekend.

Nah they would have bounced back last night. Could see it coming from a mile away.

Manc derby rescheduled along with that one, Champs League, League Cup, FA Cup if they beat us ... it's surely got to have some affect. It certainly did on us last season with all the comps we were in.

1:00 - 1:35 If that doesn't kick one of Eto'o or Torres into action then nothing will!

It's good that we have a settled first XI, but he needed to rotate a few last night IMO.

Ramires out wide has gotta stop as well. He played well their against City last time but that's the only time I can remember him having a good game in that position over the last 12 or so months. Salah? Schurrle? Better options I would have thought.

Oscar needed the rest. Willian did too, Eto'o even. Could have done with giving Ashley Cole some game time. Lots of things he could have done differently for mine. But meh. We got the one that mattered ;)

1:00 - 1:35 If that doesn't kick one of Eto'o or Torres into action then nothing will!

Seemed more of a realisation that they just aren't up to it. It's depth madness that Jovetic is 4th in line at City.

We got the one that mattered ;)

The two that matter the most, would been nice to keep going in the cup though.

Kompany have you been flowing Thorgan Hazard at all? He won the Belgian Golden Shoe and has had remarkable progress this season but do you see him having a strong future at Chelsea?

Kompany have you been flowing Thorgan Hazard at all? He won the Belgian Golden Shoe and has had remarkable progress this season but do you see him having a strong future at Chelsea?

He's definitely improved a lot. He's gone from a promising player to a guy who is way too good for his teammates. Don't know about Chelsea though, don't think so actually. Eden has more talent. On the other hand, Thorgan's just a different type of player who's more of a playmaker and who may just take more years to mature.

As it stands, he may not even be in the Belgian squad for Brazil, though he will probably become a regular in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks as though Schurrle is the new KDB under Mourinho. Should have rested one of Willian, Hazard, Oscar for the match against Gala and given one of Schurrle/Salah a start.

Team v Everton:
Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpi, Lampard, Matic, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Eto'o

Looks as though Schurrle is the new KDB under Mourinho. Should have rested one of Willian, Hazard, Oscar for the match against Gala and given one of Schurrle/Salah a start.

Mourinho is known to be one who doesn't rotate. Not often anyway. Just shows how important a team's automatisms are.

By the way Thistle, keep your eye on Charly Musonda Jr. He was considered the best player in his age group a few years ago (and when you signed him, you also signed his 2 brothers just to keep him company I think coz they're not that good) and he's 17 now. His father would like him to be loaned out next season, preferably to Anderlecht.

I really like Schurrle. Bit selfish at times but always creates a few chances when he is on. Wouldn't mind him starting a few games for Oscar as the kid looks knackered at the moment.

Thanks Kompany. From reports he has been very impressive in our u21s.

Saw this on Thorgan. Would love to see him go to the World Cup and I think it would be beneficial to Eden to have him there.

BfTW0EgIgAEwBKt.jpg

Mourinho said: 'I have a team, but no striker. Falcao does not have a team. A player like him can't play in front of 3,000 people. Monaco is a club to end [your career with].'

Falcao's always been the dream haha. I thought once he went to Monaco that was it tbh, we weren't going to get him. Looks like the door is still ajar.

50mil on a 28 year old coming back from a serious injury, not going to happen again.

We missed the boat Falcao wise 3 years ago when AVB first arrived, that was our chance. Costa's the man IMO.
The injury is definitely a bit of a worry. He was flying right up until he broke his leg though, Torres was struggling before his and in the 6 months after it at Liverpool too.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to tomorrow, as strange as this may sound, is the players in the tunnel waiting to come out. Their's gonna be so much love in the air for Drogba, haha. High fives and hugs everywhere you look. Should be a great match, hopefully the crowd is well behaved and they don't get involved like they have in the past.

Surely we'll see a few changes for Fulham? Schwarzer might get his first league match for us up against his old mob.

Schwarzer
Ivanovic - Cahill - JT - Azpilicueta
Matic - Ramires
Salah - Oscar - Hazard
Torres

Willian looked a bit stuffed against Gala. Hazard too, but he's too valuable to leave out.

Great night for us! So glad Schurrle took his opportunity and we have someone who can finish. Pleased Willian got a break as he looked like he needed one. Oscar has been off the boil the past few weeks. Not sure if his injury is still affecting him, tired or just a dip in form but he's not having the impact he was in the first half of the season.

And regulatory Hazard brilliance...
WeeklyFirsthandArrowcrab.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back