Official Essendon Association Football thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though he wanted to go back to Barca, I was surprised how little we let him go back there for.

By the way, I'm lolling at the thought of Nani playing for Wigan. Not to be disrespectful to Wigan, just that Nani would be just as conceited as Ronaldo and wouldn't be caught dead at a club like that. Would probably cry and refuse to play.

PS. You've got me in the mood for FM now Godzke.

Nani doesn't have the laser guided crossing, or the work rate. He doesn't have anywhere near the same ability passing in close, and while he is quick and dynamic, Valencia puts the ball on a platter for Rooney, which is what led to his incredible goal scoring last season. Look at his headed goals, and see how many were from Valencia's beautiful crosses.

There's no question that Nani has a greater dollar value, as his dynamic style attracts interest and draws fans, but Valencia is a very, very useful player to have, particularly in a team as formulaic as United. To suggest Nani is 'way better' implies little thought.

Nani is arguably the best winger in Europe

efa.

Messi and Ronaldo can't be counted as traditional wingers so it's a pretty open field.

Nani doesn't have the laser guided crossing, or the work rate. He doesn't have anywhere near the same ability passing in close, and while he is quick and dynamic, Valencia puts the ball on a platter for Rooney, which is what led to his incredible goal scoring last season. Look at his headed goals, and see how many were from Valencia's beautiful crosses.

There's no question that Nani has a greater dollar value, as his dynamic style attracts interest and draws fans, but Valencia is a very, very useful player to have, particularly in a team as formulaic as United. To suggest Nani is 'way better' implies little thought.

I agree with this but you're selling Nani short. Nani's crossing/work-rate is as good as Valencia but the difference is Valencia whips in sexy crosses consistently while Nani can be hit and miss.

Either way, they both have varying styles that work for us so I'm hoping Valencia can hit top form soon.

Nani doesn't do nearly as much as Valencia going backwards, nor does he have the same partnership with Rooney.

Will I be flamed if I ask for Walcott to be given 3 years to meet Nani's standards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brum have a game in hand against Chelski. Lets just count it as 8.

I see Brum, Villa and one of the 4 W's or Blackburn/Blackpool going down.

Will be tight.

Thanks E-Dog. Now I want you to tell me United will win the title, and Chelski and Liverpool will be third and fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back