Official Essendon Association Football thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beating a major rival 4 times is a ****ing tough ask.
I know. But IMO:

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa beats

Ronaldo, Kaka, Ozil and that French dude (forgotten his name)

I know. But IMO:

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa beats

Ronaldo, Kaka, Ozil and that French dude (forgotten his name)
Benzema

Yeah of course our best 4 beats theirs but 4 times in two weeks is blooding draining.

If Essendon of 2000 played Melbourne 4 times during the finals that year then there's a definite chance we would've lost a game. It's sort of like that.

Benzema

Yeah of course our best 4 beats theirs but 4 times in two weeks is blooding draining.

If Essendon of 2000 played Melbourne 4 times during the finals that year then there's a definite chance we would've lost a game. It's sort of like that.
tah.

The thing is though, you have a far better defence than they do. I wish we still had Pique at United, the kid is a superstar. That being said; I would prefer to play Madrid in the Final.

There is a chance of that happening, but the difference is Madrid and Barca are a lot closer than Essendon and Melbourne. I see your point, however

Mmm... dunno. Abidal out for the season after recovering from a tumour in his liver and no signs of when Puyol will return (has been missing since January). Arbeloa, Marcelo and Ramos are better defensive options for fullbacks than Alves, Adriano and Maxwell.

Remember we're playing Busquets at CB, which will definitely change to see him return as a holding mid because Masch is suspended for the Classico.

We'll line up like this.

--------Valdes
Alves-Pique-Milito-Adriano
--------Busquets
-----Xavi------Iniesta
-Pedro----Messi---Villa

Might see Pedro start on the bench and Maxwell or Adriano played up forward (with the other the fullback). Gives more defensive flexibility.

Maxwell is better defensively than Adriano IMO. Ramos very overrated defensively, but is a strong presence going forward. I think Pique and Milito will hold their own. Puyol would be handy right now for you. Busquets is a solid holding mid, but not in the class of Essien, Toure or Mascherano

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Li0Oi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back