Offsiders - Ben Mcdevitt extended interview & followup media

Remove this Banner Ad

This bit:

There are people involved in trafficking, there are people involved in aiding and abetting, there are people involved in encouraging activities, there are duty of care issues, there are people who turn a blind eye wilfully to what's happening, there are people who don't ask questions, there are people in positions of authority, in positions of significant influence over athletes who need to be held accountable and in this case I'll continue the ongoing discussions with David Smith and with Nick Weeks and his team, and they've put in a lot of effort and energy in this and all I'm sensing is resolve to work with us to make sure those people are also dealt with in an appropriate manner.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/content/2014/s4073354.htm

Essendon might well win this case in court, who knows.
But ASADA will stop at nothing to find out what went on.
What actually went on here? That is the question and it is of interest to everyone involved in football.
When it is uncovered what actually taken place - if it is ever uncovered - then ASADA could possibly re-issue show cause.
So this saga will most likely drag out for years, most likely until they can get Dank to talk, and.. They are starting to push his buttons.

This bit:

There are people involved in trafficking, there are people involved in aiding and abetting, there are people involved in encouraging activities, there are duty of care issues, there are people who turn a blind eye wilfully to what's happening, there are people who don't ask questions, there are people in positions of authority, in positions of significant influence over athletes who need to be held accountable and in this case I'll continue the ongoing discussions with David Smith and with Nick Weeks and his team, and they've put in a lot of effort and energy in this and all I'm sensing is resolve to work with us to make sure those people are also dealt with in an appropriate manner.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/content/2014/s4073354.htm

Officials at Essendon in the gun methinks. A favourable finding from Middleton will obviously help the players, but likely won't deter ASADA from going after anyone who was involved with, or had significant knowledge of the program.

Officials at Essendon in the gun methinks. A favourable finding from Middleton will obviously help the players, but likely won't deter ASADA from going after anyone who was involved with, or had significant knowledge of the program.

That's what I read from that too.

That's what I read from that too.

We all hope so but the bullshit they have pulled with Cronulla has said we in Australia condone drug taking and its ok because after all they are australain not chinese.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mc devitt is a soulless robot in the the same style as our politicians and that rings alarm bells for me.
I think the govt. has carefully orchestrated this investigation in the latter stages to baffle people with bullshit and hand out pissweak token suspensions to some of our nations worst drug cheats.

If they're gonna hand out the weak as sanctions then *in get it over with!!

Clown said he had handed out infraction notices 20 odd minutes in to remaining Cronulla players??
Can't even keep abreast of his robotical dictation...

We are being made a laughing stock of the sports world.Had a guts full!!!!
Everybody thats embarrassed about this episode,should write an email to asada and wada and express your thoughts about the saga to them.
Dont be afraid, the more emails the more we let these organisations know how we feel about OUR sport.

We all hope so but the bullshit they have pulled with Cronulla has said we in Australia condone drug taking and its ok because after all they are australain not chinese.

WADA still gets a right of reply/appeal apparently. If they don't appeal, what more can we say?

I personally would like to see it get a CAS review...

I cannot believe a chief writer from a major newspaper believes it is acceptable to say anythink rather than anything.

An intellectual midget.

LOL. I was just about to post the exact same comment :thumbsu:

And his sign off about the players fighting to clear their name if all this goes away ... "which I think would be an outstanding result". Well how about if they're all guilty as hell Robbo? What a s**t result that would be. Could you be any more parochial as a club supporter. Please can someone make this guy "go away".

LOL. I was just about to post the exact same comment :thumbsu:

And his sign off about the players fighting to clear their name if all this goes away ... "which I think would be an outstanding result". Well how about if they're all guilty as hell Robbo? What a s**t result that would be. Could you be any more parochial as a club supporter. Please can someone make this guy "go away".

I just can't take him seriously. Words and language are the tools of his trade…yet all he does is butcher them.

I'm sure he has sources and hears things we (the general public) don't, but it is impossible to trust the critical thinking skills of someone so blatantly unintelligent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back