Universal Love Oh captain, my captain: Cotchin retires. There will never be another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotch did it all
In addition to all the accolades, his leadership through this illustrious era healed the hearts of many a Tiger supporter frustrated by years of mediocrity. Gave us reasons to be proud of our club and celebrate footy. Restored our love for the game to its shiny best. Responsible for one of the greatest days of my life in Sept 2017 for which I will always be grateful.

I ******* love this club

The main board is just a cesspit these days. The mere mention of anything Richmond brings out all the nasties.

Someone has started a thread about who is the best triple premiership captain out of Hodge, Voss and Cotchin. Nobody having anything nice to say about Cotch. Bloody disgrace.

Salt Salt Cotch is ours and we love him.

The main board is just a cesspit these days. The mere mention of anything Richmond brings out all the nasties.

Someone has started a thread about who is the best triple premiership captain out of Hodge, Voss and Cotchin. Nobody having anything nice to say about Cotch. Bloody disgrace.
That’s how you know he was the best, opposition supporters hate him. :D

Hard to explain my emotions right now... sad I guess. This guy has essentially been the only captain I remember of the club as I've grown up watching footy with him leading us.

What an incredible player and person. The footage of him picking up the trash in the rooms after a match shows the leader he became. The ferociousness when he threw himself into the contest was seriously probably my favourite thing to watch in Footy. Body on the line every week, and especially in finals. Those first two finals in 2017 he could not have set a better example. His tackle on Selwood, blind turn and goal (this goal is still insane), and the pure physicality in the Prelim. His tackle in the 2019 prelim at the start of the second half made me realise we'd come out fired up, and I'm sure the players saw it too. His goal in the GF topped that year off. We don't win those premierships without him, he's the greatest ever Richmond captain in my opinion. Three time premiership player, Three time Jack Dyer Medallist and a Brownlow medallist.

I'll miss seeing him on the field. I can always recognise when it's him based on the way he runs and walks, it's really unique and I love it. I think we'll all miss that hair, it's the greatest hair on the earth. He's been my favourite player and I knew this day would come but I'm still not ready.

I'm bummed I won't get to be there to farewell him as my family moved to QLD last year. The last game I saw live was our Brisbane loss this year. Not a good game in the end, but I made a point to look out for him on the field as I figured he would retire.

Inspiring leader and I feel a little bummed that we'll never see one like him again at our club, but also happy I witnessed it. I seriously don't know a Cotchin-less Richmond, and I feel it's gonna take me a while to get over it. Like hole in my heart haha (but seriously though). It'll be less enjoyable watching footy without him, but thanks for everything Cotch, the way you went about the game has been iconic and brought many a Richmond fan happiness they couldn't have ever known.

because deep down they know he is the best, just hurts them to admit it.

I dont read it, i just went in there to vote for Cotchin. Every tiger should do the same to piss them off.

I’m already crying. I’m going to miss him and it sucks that his last game is going to be in Adelaide. We need to get down to the MCG in force for the North Melbourne game!
Let him be Captain for the day and kick with the wind if he wins the toss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A legend of the game. Sorry to see him go. But what an amazing career!

Stepping out while still a valuable contributor is good. Knowing that he is waning and acknowledging that is also great.

A true tiger and one of the greats.

He has taught supporters a lot too. Patience, process, forgiveness. We have to find a new way now. Seeing Trent speak, the team was made in his image. Need a sole captain for next year as we set a clear direction and look to go again. It will be different. It needs to be. I look forward to seeing what he does with the rest of his life. In many ways he is the perfect guy to communicate to young people. Wish him all the best. Greatest tiger I have seen.

Last edited:

Jealousy.

Blessed with amazing captains at this tremendous club.

Cotch joins legends like Jack Dyer,Roger Dean.

Taranto,our future captain imho.

But the club knows best and whoever leads us onwards has my full support.

Richmond,you make me happy when skies are grey.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back