Oh yeah.............................

Remove this Banner Ad

First speeding fine in Vic.

What should the letter say?
Apologise for the error and point out your driving record, there is something on their website about it from memory that notes the circumstances you can apply for a warning.

Tell them you don't jaywalk just to get on their good side too :thumbsu:

First speeding fine in Vic.

What should the letter say?

To whom it may concern.

I have a current drivers license. It is my first speeding offence/have not had a fine in 2 years. I was only 8 klm over the speed limit (couldn't get the car out of second gear) .

I was at fault, and take full responsibility for my actions.

In conclusion, get stuffed you revenue raising crooks! Not paying you a cent!

Yours Truly

Vealesy

I wouldnt- not for $72.

It's absolute hell appealing these things (and you are guilty as well :p)- my aunty got a parking ticket for Moonee Ponds shopping centre on Puckle st. She (and her car) was at work at the time. She has had to jump thru a lot of hoops thus far regarding it.... including getting video evidence of her at work ffs. :rolleyes:

Off topic I know, but if you or your aunty ever get another parking infringement for parking in a private car park and there are no barriers restricting the entrance or exit (like paystations), then just tear it up and forget about it.

Don't ever plead for a warning or engage with the contracted company as that is proof that you were responsible for the car and then, yes, they have a case against you. The carpark company needs to know the identity of the driver to make its claim against the driver.

Read about it here

This advice isn't relevant if the company has an agreement with the local council to allow their grey ghosts to patrol the area and ticket offenders. YMMV

my old house mate was fined for j walking - across the bourke street mall tram tracks.... at ~3am on a friday or saturday night.

* i used to be able to wind him up about that. was probably the stupidest fine i've seen given to anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a cyclist, I'm embarrassed by some of the posts in that thread. No person is above the law, not cyclists, not motorists, not pedestrians.

You can often tell a person who is very dense or just after an argument when they categorise an entire group in one theory. For example, as a Lycra wearing cyclist, if I was to say that all of us obey all the rules or we all ride in bike lanes, then I would be showing everyone that I am foolish. Some cyclists break the law, and while I try not to do it, I cannot speak for the collective group.

This related to this topic. Is jaywalking a stupid law? In most cases, yes. In some cases it saves lives and is needed to protect motorists and pedestrians from an accident.

It's a shame that common sense can't be applied to all laws, but some people cannot seem to grasp the principle, or they are looking for a way to exploit the rules for their own advantage.

this thread is now about cycling incidents
1620509_637166662997468_1349042054_n.jpg

I'll care about cyclists when they obey traffic laws and pay rego. Until then I couldn't give a ****.

(Note: I do not go out to harm cyclists or anything, I just don't care.)

have you thought this through? do you have kids that ride bikes?

do you care for fellow drivers, especially those who dont obey the law?

when matt thompson was on SEN he proposed the same thing and was laughed off the station.

have you thought this through? do you have kids that ride bikes?

do you care for fellow drivers, especially those who dont obey the law?

when matt thompson was on SEN he proposed the same thing and was laughed off the station.
Yes I have. Kids is obviously different, but if you are using your bike as a form of transportation to get from home to work or what ever you should pay rego to use the roads. Why is it any different to me having to pay rego on my motorbike? I have to pay to use the roads no matter what vehicle I chose to use, so should they.

Yes I have. Kids is obviously different, but if you are using your bike as a form of transportation to get from home to work or what ever you should pay rego to use the roads. Why is it any different to me having to pay rego on my motorbike? I have to pay to use the roads no matter what vehicle I chose to use, so should they.

kids who ride bikes to school?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back