FTA-TV Ok, so I'm finding Hey Hey it's saturday funny

Remove this Banner Ad

The premise is sound. They just have to keep it current. David Campbell performing 3 times in a show isn't helping anybody. Where are the local bands? Surely someone has a song they want to flog off to a national audience?

Ossie should be retired before Ernie Carroll dies on air (literally this time).

I wanted to see it back but Wednesday night is a stupid idea. Put it back on Saturdays and ramp up the currency a little. Have Daryl only a walk on, walk off type of host, just blending in with the ensemble, as he is no longer ringmaster quality.

Blackman is still alright, Fife is good, Livinia is pleasant and cute, many of the old segments still relevant. Just use them sparingly and get heaps of guests in. HHIS block party every week.

There is bugger all else on, but I fear it will be canned very quickly if they don't get creative.

How was that last guy in the paper plane challenge. Thought that other guy had the Hawaiin trip in the bag.

And is it just me or has ONJ had some serious work done?

The premise is sound. They just have to keep it current. David Campbell performing 3 times in a show isn't helping anybody. Where are the local bands? Surely someone has a song they want to flog off to a national audience?

Well, they had Gyroscope on tonight and the mix was absolutely awful. It's not worth having them if they can't get the sound right.

It's much easier for them to cater to a singer who's music is almost an afterthought, but with bands, the music plays just a big of a role as the vocals so it all needs to be spot on.

Gyroscope's lead vocals were loud but muffled, the backing vocals were barely audible and the band were turned down far too low.

I liked it last night. The music - well, I would be happy with one or two performances in the whole show, and focus more one or two performers.

As for the sound quality, at least they are not miming (hey Rove ;)). It is actually nice to see them all performing live (and actually live).

The guy who won the car on Plucka :thumbsu:

The paper plan challenge was pretty funny - good effort by the winner

Caught a glimpse while flicking over channels. This show needs more of the violinist, less lame dad jokes.

29822_118271481534881_118269408201755_205940_5794252_n.jpg

29822_118272081534821_118269408201755_205950_6840599_n.jpg

29822_118271478201548_118269408201755_205939_3919916_n.jpg

Surprise, surprise... ratings have fallen to a dismal level quickly and the show is on the verge of being boned.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/hey-hey-its-saturday-under-ratings-pressure/story-e6frfmyi-1225886962540

Who would have thunk it?

Anyone with half a brain is the answer... obviously very few of them at Nein.

Nostalgic factor and outdated comedy was only going to last for so long.

Maybe it should be brought back as a 3 hour annual event, that's it... say on the evening of Australia Day or something.

"Hey, Hey, It's Australia Day"

If it was just two hours of Livinia Nixon, Jo Beth Taylor and Penne Dennison making out, I'd probably watch most weeks.

Funny you jest about Livinia. Just saw that Penne has a Masters degree!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its cringeworthingly bad at times. Anyone see the segment with a new game where Daryl would pull a ball out of a bowl and they would all have to name something starting with that letter. Car crash television at its finest and not in a good way either. Limbs were hanging off bodies etc. It was excruciating to watch. I was surprised they didnt just cut transmission it was that bad. Anyone who saw it would know what I mean

It's 'Saturday', not mid week 'Wednesday'....had they backed it onto Unfunniest HVideos and gone from 7.30-9.30 they would have had a chance perhaps...

The "peak" of HHS was the 2 years prior to it going from the morning to night and then from night 9.30-midnight on Saturday's. The 9.30-midnight was sensational IMO because they could be as risque as they wanted for mid 1980's...that is...

Caught a couple of episodes. Somers is awful. I am amazed that he has got so much time in the industry. Stumbling, bumbling, unfunny FIGJAM. Support cast outshine him all the time.

They should replace Darryl, move it to 9pm Saturday night, allow more spice and adult humour, and let Blackman do what he does best.

Did anyone happen to capture the "funny photo" segment? What were they? I sent a pic in but missed the segment.

i think the one that won was something about a sign outside a op shop

some others included a pre school sign, teeth of a baby, sorry i cant really remember anymore, if u tell me what photo u sent in, i'll be able to remember whether it was on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back