Old School Ice Creams

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing will ever beat the Return Of The Jedi ice cream.

I believe it was around the same time (1983) the Wonder Cone and the Shark came out - it was a good year for frozen confectionery.

The "tubes" (Zooper Doopers, Funny Faces) at my primary school started at 10c then went up to 12c then to 15c by the time I was in Grade 6. All along, we got 2c for every empty wrapper we returned to the tuck shop, and 1c for every half-wrapper. I guess that's one way of getting kids to pick up after themselves.

I'm going to show my age now...I remember the tv ad for Barney Bananas when they were six cents!! I also loved the ice cream on two sticks that was bought out for the VW car called Herbie, it was a racing car in a movie called The Love Bug. I cant remember what the ice cream was called though.

Couldn't be stuffed reading through 6 pages of icecream names, so i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned my old favourite, Captain Cool! (The budget icecream)

Like the Milkman i am not in the mood for reading War and Peace but i still have to say the 50c cone from McErs has to be up there for taste and value!!! :p

Macca's pig-fat cones?!? That were 30c ages ago?!?
And one time you could get a flake with it for an extra 20/30c (can't remember)

I also remember the Streets ice cream with the strawberry, lemon and orange on the stick! :D Strawberry was the best!

Also remember the shark one and the heart. The old style pakage of drumsticks. We had freezers at school, raspberry flavoured ice blocks that used to stain your shirts! :D Also Jokers, Wicked Sticks, Toucans, Funny faces.

Does anyone else remember the graverobber or something like that where it was chocolate and had lollies that you dig out with the shovel shaped spoon you got? Or the mudbucket I think it was, where it was a cone shaped container and you ate it with a spoon. They were cool! Ice creams of today ain't got nothing on old skool!

Originally posted by Juddamania
Macca's pig-fat cones?!? That were 30c ages ago?!?
And one time you could get a flake with it for an extra 20/30c (can't remember)
Thats the ones ;) (i only remember as far back as 30c, you must be older :p )

Old school? I'm still a sucker for choc wedges and Rainbow paddlepops. Used to have funny faces all the time, my brother would squeeze them in the plastic and get them to melt and than drink it, remember the red ones were always the most popular in the household.

bump

tumblr_l703iabvc61qahbico1_400.jpg

School used to sell Winner Tacos for 50 cents. Kids used to buy two of them for lunch. It was amazing, especially when they were $2.50 in the shops

n8531898138_6500.jpg

I remember this epic icecream which was called like Wipeout or something circa 2000. No one else can remember them but yeah.

Anyway, Golden Gaytime ftw. And Bubble O'Bills were awesome too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so getting a Bubble O'Bill on my way home now. :thumbsu:

Milo has a great ice cream way back in 2000, not sure if they still make it. It had a really nice thick outer chocolate case with chocolate/milo bits in it. I cant recall whether the inside was just vanilla or chocolate icecream. Boy was it good.

didnt go through previous post so apologies if its been mentioned already

anyone remember the transformers ice creams? used to get them every single time when i was a kid.......they never ever ever used to stay on the stick, as soon as you opened the wrapper it would fall on the floor

What were the names of the iceblocks that were sold EVERYWHERE (and maybe still are) that had your gold-standard flavours, eg lemonade, raspberry etc. So simple yet so good.

I remember this epic icecream which was called like Wipeout or something circa 2000. No one else can remember them but yeah.

Anyway, Golden Gaytime ftw. And Bubble O'Bills were awesome too.
Wipeout rings a bell. That wasn't the bucket style ice cream which was blue with lollies in it that were supposed to be old shipwreck pieces and bones etc was it, or am I thinking of something completely different?

Bump!

Trying to remember the name of an icy pole from the 80s/70s. Vanilla core coated in frozen actual rasberry "berricles". Anyone know. It was the most expensive (along with the Golden Gaytime) and bloody delicious.

What's with the pathetic selection we have now? A million Heavens and Magnums!

What's with the pathetic selection we have now? A million Heavens and Magnums!

Zero imagination these days

It's been mentioned but the bubble o bill was an awesome icecream.

And loved the triple treat which was discontinued mid 90's IIRC:(
466904_Large.jpg

Don't remember the caramel one though so it probably didn't last long

And anyone remember a circular orange icecream covered in choc? I think it was called a bolo??

Unbelievable !!!! I read 7 pages and could not believe nobody mentioned Bolo, then you sneak in before me.

It was chocolate ice cream with like an orange candy coating. There was a shop in Singleton near Warnboro that sold them and my dad always bought us one when we had finished at the beach when we were kids. We called the shop the Bolo shop because it was the only place I ever saw them.

Golden Gaytimes are great ice creams for what it is worth. I still sfellow when I buy one though !

Still a slave to the bubble'o'Bill

Did anybody else have a ranking system for the gum ball colour?
My brothers and I made a competition out of it.
Blue was the best/winner followed by green, yellow orange then red:thumbsu:

Still a slave to the bubble'o'Bill

Did anybody else have a ranking system for the gum ball colour?
My brothers and I made a competition out of it.
Blue was the best/winner followed by green, yellow orange then red:thumbsu:

My order was blue, green, orange, red and then yellow. Always pissed off if I get yellow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back