Game Online Survivor game (Australian Stranded)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
This has been advertised in the Media and Entertainment board (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/australian-stranded-survivor-online-official-thread.787975/), probably to find fans of Survivor, however I think there's probably a lot of people who visit this board who may be interested.

Quick summation: It's an online game, hosted on a specially designed forum and you play anonymously as a Survivor contestant as your rep. You interact with others via various boards and private messages on the forum. You compete in challenges to try and win immunity. You vote people out of the game via tribal councils.

Challenges and tribal councils are held live Sundays through Thursdays (usually around 7-8pmish EST). These events are not mandatory and can vary in time. Tribal Councils are usually about half an hour and you can pre-vote. Challenges run for as long as it takes someone to win. Sometimes they are over quickly, sometimes they can take a bit of time. For the first week or two, there's either a challenge or tribal each night before ramping up in the home stretch to tribal and challenge on the same night.

The game runs for about 4 weeks. If you're voted out pre-merge, you're not required to stick around but it is encouraged (you'll get to mingle with past players at some point). If you make the merge and are voted out, you become part of the jury who votes for the winner in the finale.

Most of the game revolves around social relationships via private message, so it's as big or as small as an investment as you feel you can make.

The game has been running for 13 seasons (including 3 All-Stars seasons), with the 14th beginning on June 28. If you're interested, send me a private message and I can give you further information.

Thanks!

This has been advertised in the Media and Entertainment board (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/australian-stranded-survivor-online-official-thread.787975/), probably to find fans of Survivor, however I think there's probably a lot of people who visit this board who may be interested.

Quick summation: It's an online game, hosted on a specially designed forum and you play anonymously as a Survivor contestant as your rep. You interact with others via various boards and private messages on the forum. You compete in challenges to try and win immunity. You vote people out of the game via tribal councils.

Challenges and tribal councils are held live Sundays through Thursdays (usually around 7-8pmish EST). These events are not mandatory and can vary in time. Tribal Councils are usually about half an hour and you can pre-vote. Challenges run for as long as it takes someone to win. Sometimes they are over quickly, sometimes they can take a bit of time. For the first week or two, there's either a challenge or tribal each night before ramping up in the home stretch to tribal and challenge on the same night.

The game runs for about 4 weeks. If you're voted out pre-merge, you're not required to stick around but it is encouraged (you'll get to mingle with past players at some point). If you make the merge and are voted out, you become part of the jury who votes for the winner in the finale.

Most of the game revolves around social relationships via private message, so it's as big or as small as an investment as you feel you can make.

The game has been running for 13 seasons (including 3 All-Stars seasons), with the 14th beginning on June 28. If you're interested, send me a private message and I can give you further information.

Thanks!
I Have just posted this on the SFA board, Hope you don't mind jorel6669

Yes people. Get onto this.
Even if you have NFI what you are doing and you have never watched Survivor before (like me), it's a great game that is competitive, backstabbing and scheming.
It's really enjoyable but requires dedication to get through to the final (and a large chunk of your evening).

Season 14 has just wrapped up! Only a few from BigFooty took part, but a special congratulations goes to swiftdog for making Final Tribal Council (despite an uber busy real life schedule) and also making the DVD cover!

5Jpck0p.png

FINAL RESULTS:
Quit. Yau Man (raskolnikov)
19. Nate (Doob)
18. Jason (eaglefan99)
16. Kathy (Swezident)
16. Cao Boi (mrsurvivor)
15. Frosti (Bec)
14. Earl (FinMac37)
12. Jaime (Mister_Ziggles)
12. Amanda (Sarge)
11. JP (comicstrip2000)
10. Becky (Willie)
09. Candice (HotHotHot)
08. Tracy (arcane91)
07. Natalie (Malnutrisha)
06. James (for_death_and_ruin)
05. Michelle (Boman)
04. Cassandra (andytagle)
03 Joel (swiftdog)
02 Rocky (*in_Problems)
01 Ashley (kzonex)

To give you an idea of what we go to make it as much of an experience as possible, here's the intro video to the final episode:

Was a whole heap of fun! If you're interested in playing in Season 15, drop me a PM. It'll likely not be until late 2014 or early 2015 at this stage.

Season 15 preparation has begun... and it's going to be a season like never before! We're tentatively scheduled for around an early/mid-January start date. The game runs for 4 weeks with events on Sundays through Thursday evenings (they are not mandatory to attend but the more you can attend, the more we appreciate it). Also please note, the schedule is very light for the first couple of weeks, as we usually run a challenge one night and then tribal council the next, so for the most part events are quite spaced out. The social strategy of talking to tribe members is something you fit in on your own schedule.

As you can see from previous posts, most people find it to be a rewarding and challenging experience, and we take it very seriously in terms of putting on a game that contributes to that.

If you're interested in taking part in this and haven't played before, drop me a message. This will be the end of our current cycle of new players, meaning the following season will be... ALL-STARS 4! If you've thought about playing, maybe thought you'd be good at the game of Survivor, this game will challenge you to prove that... and who knows, maybe you are an all-star in waiting? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back