FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't stand the Carey ego stroking in the media, so many pump him up like he's some sort of expert of the modern game. I'm still yet to hear him produce any information or insight that has been any better than what most of the usual pundits/panellists etc. put out.

at least he has an opinion unlike half the clowns in the box who are either
1) pumping the players up (ling, johnson)
2) pumping themselves up (dermott, BT)

Wonder if Shaw, Lyon and Dermy will be dragged over the coals for being racists then or will the media let it slide as it was deemed "ok" back in that era?

Wonder if Shaw, Lyon and Dermy will be dragged over the coals for being racists then or will the media let it slide as it was deemed "ok" back in that era?

Have heard Gary Lyon mention saying things he's not proud of a number of times.

Really enjoyed tonights episode. Chris Lewis was always one of my favourite Eagles of this era and seems like a top bloke.

In Dermott's Open Mike he says that words to the effect that being racist to Lewis was one his biggest regrets in life.

I think they have all had to address this individually over the years as they have been identified before. Mind you, their fellow media colleagues have softened the blow for them a little.

Chris Lewis = great viewing. Carries himself very well, speaks clearly, doesn't whinge and is obviously a lad/one of the fellas. Definitely one of the better Open Mikes. Onya Lewie.
I thought it was fantastic episode, flowed really well.

I remember watching Lewis in that period between 89-91 and he was and sensational player.

I thought it was fantastic episode, flowed really well.

I remember watching Lewis in that period between 89-91 and he was and sensational player.
Drinking a dash of his own bathwater most weekends at the old Burswood and in Nedlands/Cott coupled with the team's 'rock star' status at that time and the whole racial abuse on-field thing definitely messed him up. Couldn't believe his old man was dux of Christchurch!

was surprised when he mentioned that he didn't mind a bit of "racism" b/w team mates, as he said there was never any maliciousness in it and was said in a joking way...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was surprised when he mentioned that he didn't mind a bit of "racism" b/w team mates, as he said there was never any maliciousness in it and was said in a joking way...

sounds like he is still mates with most of them

Drinking a dash of his own bathwater most weekends at the old Burswood and in Nedlands/Cott coupled with the team's 'rock star' status at that time and the whole racial abuse on-field thing definitely messed him up. Couldn't believe his old man was dux of Christchurch!

Its hard for people to comprehend how huge they were in the early 90s. They were literally on the front page 3-4 times a week. and the partying was absolutely bonkers.

Just watched Lewis, thought it was great. One of the best this year.
Back in the day I wasn't so fond of him as I used to think he was dirty player. However with hindsight he was clearly provoked and needled, and you could tell from that interview that he's a pretty mellow bloke at heart.
He spoke really well too.

I think next week is the last ep for the year. Looking forward to see who's on.

Very good episode the Chris Lewis one. Didn't like him back in his playing days, hated most of the eagles because they were so hard to beat. But comes across really well and speaks really well (a lot of footy players do not haha).

Didn't like how mike tried to make everything racial early on, could tell lewis didn't want to go down that path. Mike tried to make every report against lewis racial.

Really enjoyed the last 10 mins when speaking about Mick, teammates and life after footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back