FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, there is a good chance that Johnson is already a former player

Fair call; let's hope not though!

Another bloke whose name I heard today and who I reckon might be an interesting interview is Scott Cummings - played for four clubs, Coleman Medalist, media career after retirement, did some coaching at Collingwood (I think), lost a lot of weight at one stage etc. Seems to have disappeared a bit from the public eye in recent years though?

Another bloke whose name I heard today and who I reckon might be an interesting interview is Scott Cummings - played for four clubs, Coleman Medalist, media career after retirement, did some coaching at Collingwood (I think), lost a lot of weight at one stage etc. Seems to have disappeared a bit from the public eye in recent years though?

Really? Has his own radio show IIRC and has done a fair bit of promo work with weightwatchers.

Watched the first half of the Alex Johnston interview and turned it off. he seemed like a well spoken and articulate kid, though. I was just bored, that's all.

I enjoyed it, thought it was a really good interview and quite refreshing.

very good suggestion, he does quite a few sportsman's nights, was a bit of a lad too. iirc they kept him on at Collingwood for an extra year because everyone loved him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was so morbid and boring. Mike kept going back to the dark side of his story; 4 recos, 7 operations, no games in 3 years, no ACL left, etc. Probably the one Open Mike that I've not watched to the end.

Sadly, I think he's finished. No one comes back from 4 knee recos. He hasn't been allowed to run in 2 years. If I was the Swans I'd be putting him on the rookie list so that he doesn't take up a spot on their senior list for next year, as he won't be playing next year.

Cummings would be good.

Great show that gives us a true insight into the former players, clarifying stories that may or may not be true.

Horses mouth stuff that I never miss.

Richard Tambling - would love to hear him talk about the start, the middle and the end

Yeah that'd be a good one. Or along those lines perhaps Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls who went into the game illiterate, but now seems to be a cultural ambassador in the community and doing well.

Byron Pickett has recently had some press with his work with Port in the APY lands. He'd be an excellent candidate as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back