Strategy Operation Sign Alastair Clarkson 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ed was there Clarko might not want to come due to being another Kennett

I think that’s likely the most insulting thing anyone has ever said about Ed.

As much as I would love to see Clarko at the Pies next year, it is not going to happen. The club has a history of failed attempts at snagging a big name (besides malthouse). Our pride at thinking we are bigger then any one individual means we have missed out on so many 'names' over the years. This will just be another in a long line of poor mismanagement.

sorry it was a long time ago.... highton not hilton. I was only there for about 6 months before our family got an early release and we were allowed to go back to melbourne.

Jeez I wish a few more of the "new locals" would get an early release and leave the coast to us miscreants!

Jeez I wish a few more of the "new locals" would get an early release and leave the coast to us miscreants!

I think we were model prisoners. I even remember my father buying tickets to kardina park on a couple of occasions. I remember seeing the Pies go down by a few goals...but I dont think I gave any hint of being upset to the warders.

As much as I would love to see Clarko at the Pies next year, it is not going to happen. The club has a history of failed attempts at snagging a big name (besides malthouse). Our pride at thinking we are bigger then any one individual means we have missed out on so many 'names' over the years. This will just be another in a long line of poor mismanagement.
images (47).jpeg

Does Kennet have a history of potting us in public?

One thing I found odd about the transition announcement is that he took the opportunity to take a swipe at Collingwood specifically.

I could have sworn that he said something to the effect of "I personally think there are better clubs to go to than Collingwood".

It's possible that we were front of mind given that we forced their hand (Sam Mitchell was about to interview with us).

One thing I found odd about the transition announcement is that he took the opportunity to take a swipe at Collingwood specifically.

I could have sworn that he said something to the effect of "I personally think there are better clubs to go to than Collingwood".

It's possible that we were front of mind given that we forced their hand (Sam Mitchell was about to interview with us).
We definitely would have been because we made a play for Mitchell.

Does anyone on this forum know anything we don’t know? Are we any chance to sign Clarko given the past issues with Wrighty or is that going to hurt us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennett is a marketing person. He’s just doing what marketing people do to raise the profile of their own organisation. Same reason why Sheedy was taking potshots at us when he went to GWS.

Does anyone on this forum know anything we don’t know? Are we any chance to sign Clarko given the past issues with Wrighty or is that going to hurt us?

It began with: “I was taking an Uber, the driver said he followed the Collingwood Football Club, and he reckons we should get Clarko”

And it quickly evolved to: “I heard from somebody in the Collingwood Football Club who is uber sure we’re getting Clarko”

I think the level of traction that Clarkson to the pies, which is currently the only official open job in the AFL, tells you all you need to know.

With the way the market has moved on Don Pyke in the last couple of days, something must’ve been leaked internally because he’s come from $10 last week, into $5 earlier in the week to now being $1.50 favourite today. In that time, Clarko has gone from $1.40 to $1.65 and today is $5.

Welcome to Collingwood, Don Pyke.

With the way the market has moved on Don Pyke in the last couple of days, something must’ve been leaked internally because he’s come from $10 last week, into $5 earlier in the week to now being $1.50 favourite today. In that time, Clarko has gone from $1.40 to $1.65 and today is $5.

Welcome to Collingwood, Don Pyke.

Wise man, bookies know...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back