Cause the players gonna play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate
Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake
Shake it off
Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake
Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake
Shake it off, Shake it off

Per a senior Mods request, this is where the OT posts in threads will now end up…

Carry it on here or let it go…. Either way its here…

GO Catters

I'll go to the LOTI (to watch) if this is your beer....

You can buy me some of these if you like. I will be your friend if you do.:p

franziskaner_weissbier_hell-large.jpg

Drank plenty of them in Germany. A fine ale if I may say so.

I have gone a bit mad on the Hefe Weisens.
I have tried quite a few lately. Even had a go at the Oz one from Tassie. OK but a bit expensive for what you get.
But Franziskaners are as good as I have tasted. Weihenstephaner's are good too.
I have a few Franziskaners in the fridge and I will also give the Paulaner's cooling there a sampling tonight when I get home.

The Krauts may not know how to win a world conflict but they certainly know how to make a fine beer.

I have tried quite a few lately. Even had a go at the Oz one from Tassie. OK but a bit expensive for what you get.
I have a few Franziskaners in the fridge and I will also give the Paulaner's cooling there a sampling tonight when I get home.

The Krauts may not know how to win a world conflict but they certainly know how to make a fine beer.

I've been drinking bitburger lately.

bitburger_premium.jpg

The game peoples….

Is enhanced by a great beverage no doubt…..:D

but the game…

Go Catters

I can never understand how people can get side tracked so easily.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tastes nice, but gives you worse hangovers than Cooper's Red.

And as I've said, it's trading out the long-term for the short term. A first-round pick, second-round pick, and quality young player is a heavy price to pay. It will hurt us down the track so the club has to see success within the next few years with guys like Henderson and Dangerfield, or else this will be looked upon as a fairly poor period of list management by the club.

Patrick Dangerfield is one player. Individualism is what defined Geelong prior the Cook/Costa/Thompson era, and it didn't prove too successful.

And as I've said, it's trading out the long-term for the short term. A first-round pick, second-round pick, and quality young player is a heavy price to pay. It will hurt us down the track so the club has to see success within the next few years with guys like Henderson and Dangerfield, or else this will be looked upon as a fairly poor period of list management by the club.

Patrick Dangerfield is one player. Individualism is what defined Geelong prior the Cook/Costa/Thompson era, and it didn't prove too successful.

I think you're severely underestimating the intelligence and diligence of the club if you believe they didn't think very long and hard about this trade, and its implications.

You get what you pay for, and I think the club were very aware of the price, and thought it through very carefully. That debate would've included a thorough assessment of the club's youth and future drafting options.

Its a deliberate strategy, and time will tell how well thought out it was.

Are you saying we should not have traded for Patrick Dangerfield?

No. I'm saying we've sacrificed the future for the short-term, so we better see success in the short-term.

All the players that we have recruited this year are 25 years old.
And while Clark is 28, Rhys Stanley is also only 25.
The club targeted the age demographic that we were lacking.
I hardly think that we have sold out for short term gain.

Walker was Walker too. Busy importantly, and mixed the good with the bad as usual.

Very unfashionable look in the Brisbane gear (he looked about 30), but had a good crack and got enough of it on a day where the wind would only assist a Betts or a Cotchin. He will be a handy pick up for Brissie on today's showing.

Jansen didn't play I think.

He played a had 4 handpasses

Well it's a good thing then that Geelong's list management strategy hasn't been centred on one player. I think we traded more than 1 quality player in last October. I think we've drafted and developed more than 1 quality player in the last five years. And I'm damn near certain our best side any given week this year will feature more than several elite players, and several more very good ones.

And what constitutes individualism? Was it individualism when we traded picks 11, 27, 42, 45 and 57 for a net return of Justin Murphy, Mitchell White and Kent Kingsley. Or when we gave pick 20 for David Haynes? How I pine for those days when we traded picks and players for Brent Grgic, Ben Finnin and David Loats. That glorious Thompson era when our list management was bulletproof. How bout that time Bomber wanted to give up a 1st Rounder for Andrew Lovett after a disastrous Grand Final loss?

Gee I miss those great days when our player development was so good nearly all our good picks came on, bar of course Bray, Spriggs, Foster, Gardiner, Tenace, Thurley, Prismall, Djerrkura, Simpson, Brown and Gillies, all picked within the first 30 odd or higher, but hey who's counting. Here we are now stuck with Chris Scott and Smedts.

Can anyone confirm if Bobby,Seeds & Biggy are the same person :D ??.....
Each have 5 letters with a double letter added for good measure. You may be on to something here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back