Remove this Banner Ad

Bert Man

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
PSG, ARSENAL
So with all the trade talk and nothing I thought I'd start a thread on the lighter side.

Who do you think is the best young star on our list?

I have a lot of faith in these blokes. Our midfield will be seriously good when Squizz, Aish and Robbo develop.

By the sounds of Pickerings interview on TWR earlier today, tomorrow sounds like D-day for Aish!! Said that he is going over to see him tomorrow and discuss what his plans are and such. The tone did seem to hint that he was rather happy here and hopefully it's just nutting out the finer details as Pickering heads away next week on holiday!! Watch this space!! (Sorry this isn't the correct spot for this but thought it was rather interesting)

I think Mayes has the highest ceiling due to a couple of stand-out attributes, and no weaknesses that can't be improved. He is very good athletically and can be potentially top-class skills wise. His contested ball is better than expected and he is improving defensively, while he has a real goal sense and can run all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are going to have one of the best midfields going around in a few years. Especially if we get beams. Don't even think we will need a gun kpf. Like Geelong of 07. An elite midfield can win games

I actually voted in this poll for Clarke for the simple reason that he has probably delivered the most up to this point. I have no doubt that many (perhaps most) of the others will eventually pass him. Right now though, he has become such an integral part of our team that we are considering the loss of Merritt or Patfull as something we can cope with.

He is learning fast and while he might be getting outmuscled by the very biggest forwards he still has an impact in contests, leads the club in one percenters and looks to be a 200 game player. This is all pretty impressive for a guy playing a position where many players barely even get a start in their club's 22 for the first three or four years. Meanwhile, Clarke has cemented his spot in our team.

I look forward to some of the truly exciting young guns overtaking him in the next year or two and becoming absolute stars of the comp. By then, Clarke will be our ever-reliable rock in defence.

we are going to have one of the best midfields going around in a few years. Especially if we get beams. Don't even think we will need a gun kpf. Like Geelong of 07. An elite midfield can win games

Especially when so many of those mids can kick 2 or 3 goals a game.

Are we voting for potential, or as of this very second? If it's now it is Mayes. If it is based on potential, Aish.

I like Lewy. I actually think his playing style (as well as Green, Zorks etc) is shaping our game plan and its a style that will be hard to match when we improve our conversion.

I think Paparone could be a gun, I remember watching last year and thinking he looked lost.

Complete turnaround and probably our most improved player this season

Back