News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the senior coaching assistant we’re going to dispense with for soft cap expediency

Wonder if this makes a new footy ops manager more or less likely to be appointed?

As I said earlier, proudly trumpeting that we were going to break the soft cap was just more BS - we are breaking the soft cap because we have payouts to Burton, Camporeale and Pyke, at the minimum - all of who were recontracted relatively recently.

We aren't breaking the soft cap to give ourselves and advantage and put ourselves ahead of the game - we're breaking it to compensate for the poor decisions over the last 12-24 months.

Yeah okay if it’s an interim, but we better not have a dead cat bounce

“The side has improved so much since you’ve been in charge Phil, have the job full-time!” Bleh

God, you got to hand it to them. They can sell the same thing to the fan base time and time again and they'll keep buying it.

Club: Don't you worry about this thing that's happening. It's only happening because of something far far better that will happen in time, but we can't reveal to you right now. All will be made clear in time. Trust us.

Crows fans: Wow, I can't wait to see the suprise! You beaut!

God, you got to hand it to them. They can sell the same thing to the fan base time and time again and they'll keep buying it.

Club: Don't you worry about this thing that's happening. It's only happening because of something far far better that will happen in time, but we can't reveal to you right now. All will be made clear in time. Trust us.

Crows fans: Wow, I can't wait to see the suprise! You beaut!

If only they were as good at selling the club to prospective employees and players.

I hear Harper has already ordered a paper shredder...
With industrial capabilities - for when those emails just wont disappear

yoQr8W.gif

If only they were as good at selling the club to prospective employees and players.

We must have a terrible reputation throughout the industry - and I don't mean on the surface where we can point to 50k+ home crowds every week; I mean the actual reality inside the club.

If we are putting Harper in the seat for a year until Vozzo comes late next year then ill be happy.
You know that won’t happen.

If they can slide Phil back in, even as a temp, that’s it. No way he’s being moved back again.

Phil’s done his penance. Was a good boy taking a hit over Tippett.

Promises will have been made by Chappy.

If they can slide Phil back in, even as a temp, that’s it. No way he’s being moved back again.

Why don't we find out if Harper want the job,
My understanding is he does not want to be the football mangaer, but will help out until one is selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly doubt that's going to happen. Jarman said it, so Phil is just as likely out the door

Watching Nicks presser today.....I think the whole taking a year to find the right person thing is 100% true and my reading is that we will have an interim

Yup. Once he's in he's permanent. No way Chapman would forcibly move him on from here.

I've heard good things about him from some I know, but the move just reeks of showing we haven't learned anything.

Yup. Once he's in he's permanent. No way Chapman would forcibly move him on from here.

I've heard good things about him from some I know, but the move just reeks of showing we haven't learned anything.
Harper is a really nice guy, but he isn't smart enough to be Football Manager.

Harper is a really nice guy, but he isn't smart enough to be Football Manager.
As long as he knows that, he'll be ok as a short term fill in. Will seek counsel on decisions. Won't make any major calls or try to implement stuff himself.

It's the ones who think they're smart but aren't who do the real damage

Wasn't Harpers big thing as football GM doing the player contracts (which is how he sniffed out there was something suss with Tippett's)? And do we really need that now we have Reid in whose entire experience was in that area?

Harper seems to have found his niche in his current role, running the SANFL and AFLW sides, and doing the day to day stuff.

I wonder how Hamish would go in the Football Ops space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back