Strategy Our next Chairperson

Remove this Banner Ad

MrMeaner

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, I don't think we will see the back of David anytime soon. He seems to get too much out of using the Club as his personal project, to mold into own image. But I thought that since we have a thread on who we would like to see as our next coach, we might as well start one for a wish list of possible chairpersons.

For me, my dream would be to convince Bucky back for one last appearance for the club. But, if he's not available, it needs to be someone who remembers the Club's culture as it was before it was diluted by David and Ken.

Bucky is the obvious fan favorite but the reality is, we have no idea.
  • Bucky
  • Grant Mayer
  • Carolyn Mitchell
  • Jay Weatherill
  • ????

For me, my dream would be to convince Bucky back for one last appearance for the club. But, if he's not available, it needs to be someone who remembers the Club's culture as it was before it was diluted by David and Ken.

Not a big name outside Alberton but Fiacchi knows the culture and drove the OneClub merger, possibly the most important administrative achievement in the last 15 years outside of the Adelaide Oval move. Strategically spot on and got it over the line in the face of significant opposition. It was no mean feat.

Besides, anyone actively ousted by the current regime probably deserves a place in the new one by default (also paging Darren).

Not a big name outside Alberton but Fiacchi knows the culture and drove the OneClub merger, possibly the most important administrative achievement in the last 15 years outside of the Adelaide Oval move. Strategically spot on and got it over the line in the face of significant opposition. It was no mean feat.

Besides, anyone actively ousted by the current regime probably deserves a place in the new one by default (also paging Darren).
My first thought was Darren Cahill but I'd vote for George (if I was allowed to).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would have to be some high flying business ceo for the AFL to approve. It's all about the $$$

Hopefully whoever it is, its someone humble enough to appoint a football board to do the footballing

Where the hell does ‘Chairperson’ come from?

The Club Constitution reads ‘Chairman’ does it not? If not, it should.

God I’m sick of this political correctness gone fanatical. Correctness my flabby backside.

Next I’ll be reading somewhere that the United Nations has outlawed use of the word ‘human’ … that it’s now huperson.

Then they’ll get to ‘woman’ and really be in trouble.

God I’m sick of this political correctness gone fanatical. Correctness my flabby backside.

Next I’ll be reading somewhere that the United Nations has outlawed use of the word ‘human’ … that it’s now huperson.

Lockhart comes in with the steel chair of thread derailment

We should just make it chair, like an actual chair.

I mean it wouldn't effect positive change but at least it wouldn't be a negative influence.

Make it a deck chair.

Just thank your lucky stars the thread wasn't titled 'Our next Chair-them".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back