AFL Club
Collingwood
Our Year 2024?

Intriguing year so far.
Started totally unsettled.
Build momentum.
Injuries now accumulating.
Opportunities for a few new faces.
injection of raw exuberance that comes with it.
Dan McStay is the key, if we can get him fit and hit the finals with momentum we are a massive chance to go back to back.
This season reminds me of 1992 with the team dynamics occurring.
Good back six, good mids, forwards?

Pretty pleased with where the team is at considering our start to the season. Happy for us to just keep flying under the radar getting wins, while everyone focusses on Sydney, GWS etc.

Pretty pleased with where the team is at considering our start to the season. Happy for us to just keep flying under the radar getting wins, while everyone focusses on Sydney, GWS etc.
Collingwood and under the radar usually last about 2 weeks.
Soon as we find our way back into the top 4, we will be front and centre of the spotlight…

Collingwood and under the radar usually last about 2 weeks.
Soon as we find our way back into the top 4, we will be front and centre of the spotlight…
given the results thus far of Geelong and Carlton. if we do the job on Adelaide today by a solid margin 30-50 points we likely end the week in 5th spot I reckon we will get on the radar again

Couple more new faces this week.
Couple of experienced players back.
We are still winning because of the timing of the draw for now.
Keeping the top 4 alive.
It is a great transitional stage between a club who was up for a few years and one that needs to replace a few aged champions.
I’m growing in confidence at how our coaching staff are dealing with the injuries and influx of new faces to facilitate the handover.
Even thinking we are a real challenge this year with our best team on deck in September
Go Pies

Can I add to this
Two years ago, we made a prelim. Should have won it and been in a granny.

At round 10 that year, we were 10th on the ladder. 5 win and 5 losses. 102.7%

This year, even with that 0-3 start, we’re sitting 5th, an extra win and a draw instead of two losses. Percentage of 107.8%

On recent form (last 5 games) were second behind Sydney, with a higher percentage than Essendon who would be third on same wins and a draw.

We’re in a good place if we can continue ride the bump that is our injury crisis (a crisis because it’s pretty condensed to the forward line or those who can also play there like Howe and Jordy).

Back to back dream is alive!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back