Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarra's ground would have to be looking good at the moment I'd imagine. It was in good shape a couple of weeks ago when they played Milawa, and they haven't played on it since then, with away games the last two weeks.
Haven't seen it since Thursday night nonch, but it was in decent condition then. A little soft in a couple of spots due to the recent rain but hopefully it'll dry up for this weeks match against KV. Our ground always seems to peak around this time of the year.

Once again, I fail to understand the leagues decision to choose Nth Wang as a finals venue. One of the smallest grounds in the league and has a pretty ordinary surface that always bogs up easily.

Haven't seen it since Thursday night nonch, but it was in decent condition then. A little soft in a couple of spots due to the recent rain but hopefully it'll dry up for this weeks match against KV. Our ground always seems to peak around this time of the year.

Once again, I fail to understand the leagues decision to choose Nth Wang as a finals venue. One of the smallest grounds in the league and has a pretty ordinary surface that always bogs up easily.
Less travel from Wangaratta = More $:D

Good Win by the boys on the weekend. Good to get a bit of confidence up and now looking ahead to next week. The boys are really looking forward to playing Blacks as there is a fair bit of rivalry between us.
Good home ground advantage for the boys down here at the "Rape Dungeon". Im sure there will be some sore bodies on sunday.
What's Alf Stewart's role down at Swanpool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FrYmPMlyRA&feature=PlayList&p=C4EC6B885FD77EEC&playnext=1&index=6

The league should put forward to the clubs grounds that will be available to use during finals and each club votes majority votes should be the ground chosen. North wangs ground is a bog hole and i hope to not be the side having to play on it!

Heard today that the league may be using club umpires for magoos matches during the finals, don't know to what extent,obviously they wouldn't be doing there own club's games......Thoughts????

Heard today that the league may be using club umpires for magoos matches during the finals, don't know to what extent,obviously they wouldn't be doing there own club's games......Thoughts????

Surely not!?
There would have to be enough umpires for finals wouldnt there?
Each week in the seniors we have 7 matches with 2 umpires each match, (14 umpires needed) rnd 1 of the finals is 4 matches 2 umpires each match (8 umpires needed) and then 4 matches in the seconds 1 umpire wach match (4 umpires needed) total of 12 umpires needed for Rnd 1 of the final series. ...

Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible

Whats everyones thoughts on the top 4 teams playing finals at north wang and tarra???? Shouldnt the better sides get to play on the better ovals!!!!!!!!!!!! 1.Benalla Saints oval is awesome and any side would wanna play on it 2. blacks oval is in awesome condition and is probly the best ground in the league!!!! BUT no the teams playing in elimanation finals get the good grounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! north wangs oval was terrible 3 weeeks ago when we played on it was just mud with no grass!!!!!!!. cant speak for tarras ground but i imagine it wouldnt be too bad???...

I think you will find there is two umpires per match in the seconds
with some of the comments on this site through the year about the quality of umpires
i would hope clubs don't complain about club umpires they might find they may have to do it them self , you find some of the club umpires have been doing a better job them the payed ones

Surely not!?
There would have to be enough umpires for finals wouldnt there?
Each week in the seniors we have 7 matches with 2 umpires each match, (14 umpires needed) rnd 1 of the finals is 4 matches 2 umpires each match (8 umpires needed) and then 4 matches in the seconds 1 umpire wach match (4 umpires needed) total of 12 umpires needed for Rnd 1 of the final series. ...

I think you will find there is two umpires per match in the seconds
with some of the comments on this site through the year about the quality of umpires
i would hope clubs don't complain about club umpires they might find they may have to do it them self , you find some of the club umpires have been doing a better job them the payed ones

My calculations would be that week 1 of the finals, allowing 2 umpires per game

Snrs 4 games = 8
res 4 games = 8
3rds 4 games = 8
_____
24 central umpires for the weekend plus boundaries 24.

I don't think they have that many without some doubling up or stealing from other leagues.

Another problem caused by the final 8 scenario...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VCFL tells us that they put $500,000 each year into umpire development, as a result of their great work they have improved umpire numbers and the quality of umpiring accross the state.

Now we say we haven't got umpires for finals matches.

Just look at the number of leagues across the state that are using club umpires ( including boundary and goal ) across all grades.....Like most things that come out of the VCFL, you just shake your head and wonder where they pluck the info from....

Whorouly by 12 points Milawa will start to play good but whorouly will cause an upset
bright/benalla 6 points either way. Bright got the big names in this weekend from melbourne
Doon too good at home points over greta
tatong by 20 points over swanpool
tarra by a 100 points over king valley
glen rowan by 15 points over north wang
moyhu by 80 points over g/bat

Whorouly by 12 points Milawa will start to play good but whorouly will cause an upset
bright/benalla 6 points either way. Bright got the big names in this weekend from melbourne
Doon too good at home points over greta
tatong by 20 points over swanpool
tarra by a 100 points over king valley
glen rowan by 15 points over north wang
moyhu by 80 points over g/bat

Tarra over KV 15 gls
Moyhu over G/bat 12gls
Milawa over Whorouly 8 gls
Greta over Doon 1gl
Glenrowan over Nth wang 7gls
Tatong over Swannie 10gls
Benalla over Bright 4gls...

Tarra over KV 15 gls
Moyhu over G/bat 12gls
Greta over Doon 1gl
Benalla over Bright 4gls...[/QUOTE]

So if Blacks get over Bright they would finish on top.

That's a huge turnaround from previous seasons and a credit to the club.

Are they talking Flags in there yet Slim?

Tarra over KV 15 gls
Moyhu over G/bat 12gls
Greta over Doon 1gl

To finish on top would be an outstanding achievement for the club.. As for a flag I still think Tarra, Milawa and Bright are the real heavyweights but anything could happen

Tarra over KV 15 gls
Moyhu over G/bat 12gls
Greta over Doon 1gl

Win or lose Sparra we will still probably be top 4 which is far above our expectations this year. Everything from here on in is a bonus....No there's no talk about flags, there are 5 very good sides who are all capable of taking it outon their day..

Tarra over KV 15 gls
Moyhu over G/bat 12gls
Greta over Doon 1gl

It will be a massive task for the boys to get over bright tomorrow! Hope they can do it but I think bright will be looking for revenge from earlier on in the year! Hope the weather. Holds off and it will be on!

Speaking of umpires..... Seniors - Bonnie Doon v Greta - 2 field umpires and 4 club umpires (2 from each club).....(and I think the goal umpires were club umpires as well) I assume the O&K's portion of the $500k is in the mail?????

It will be a massive task for the boys to get over bright tomorrow! Hope they can do it but I think bright will be looking for revenge from earlier on in the year! Hope the weather. Holds off and it will be on!

Fair call KIA, Bright wre hard it and first to it all day,we squandered a lot of shots that may have kept us in it early, they will take a lot of shaking......

Bright, Milawa and Tarra were all up and about at the weekend and I can see some great finals being played.......
Bright had blokes popping up out of the ground on sat. More than once I did a mini head count because they just appeared to have blokes everywhere.

Anyone see the Milawa/Whor game. Whorouly thought they may have been a good chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back