Ovens & King FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The question is whether the blues have the depth in the reserves to cover for all 3
From what I seen Saturday
I'm not shore they do

Who we got as favourite this weekend? Bright now haven’t lost since round 12 and Greta with a few doubtful

Greta vs. Bright this weekend. Who wins boys?
You’d have to think Greta’s cattle will get them over the line. The cream rises to the top in September. McClounan will surely have an large influence…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Greta vs. Bright this weekend. Who wins boys?
You’d have to think Greta’s cattle will get them over the line. The cream rises to the top in September. McClounan will surely have an large influence…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love the view you have on McClounan. I think Greta beat the high country men easily too. You have to think that anything over 14 degrees plays into Greta hands as Bright will be cooked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well it's not going to be over 14 degrees satdy
And why will bright be cooked
They ran the game out to the end against Milawa
On a bigger ground than tarra
Smaller ground means more body contact
That style of game won't play into Greta's hands at all they want it on the outside looking prity
That's what it looked like Saturday

Well it's not going to be over 14 degrees satdy
And why will bright be cooked
They ran the game out to the end against Milawa
On a bigger ground than tarra
Smaller ground means more body contact
That style of game won't play into Greta's hands at all they want it on the outside looking prity
That's what it looked like Saturday
North wangs bigger than Tarra?
Would be shocked if any opposition clubs said Greta didn’t like it hard on the inside and were soft…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greta are better when it's a quick track no doubt about it
Wet weather doesn't suit them

Greta are better when it's a quick track no doubt about it
Wet weather doesn't suit them
Yeh nah I disagree, Greta love the congestion, contested type of game and Tarra is certainly a bigger ground than north Wang. Wider by about 10 meters and length is pretty much same.

I think Greta for today…
Hey slim, care to share the setup with the benalla ressies? Just looking at the players list and some of these guys have only played half a dozen games and the start of the year wasn’t overly promising. Now they are in the big dance, sounds like a great story

Hey slim, care to share the setup with the benalla ressies? Just looking at the players list and some of these guys have only played half a dozen games and the start of the year wasn’t overly promising. Now they are in the big dance, sounds like a great story
Hey rumour,
Benalla has had an influx of around 15 Irish fellas from the solar farm come to the club about round 6 or 7,
They are fit as a fiddle and have a never say die attitude, they are still learning the game and don't have any bad habits that regular players have.
Quite the story indeed. They overcame greta by 40 today, can they go all the way?!

Hey rumour,
Benalla has had an influx of around 15 Irish fellas from the solar farm come to the club about round 6 or 7,
They are fit as a fiddle and have a never say die attitude, they are still learning the game and don't have any bad habits that regular players have.
Quite the story indeed. They overcame greta by 40 today, can they go all the way?!
Yeah what he said, thanks Slim😆

What was the temperature today guys 14 degrees I spose
Good game
Good luck next year Greta

Hey rumour,
Were they Gaelic footballers back home?

Tough one to swallow for the Blues.
But unfortunately 8.19 isn’t going to get the job done against another quality opposition.

Bright didn’t have to game on their terms for a lot do the day especially in the second half where imo Greta looked to constantly threaten but couldn’t convert. Lots of shots on goal in general play. Bright did well to restrict the Greta forwards and limit marks inside 50
Then when Bright got chances inside 50 they marked and converted brilliantly. Cooper Thomason was excellent.

Tough one to swallow for the Blues.
But unfortunately 8.19 isn’t going to get the job done against another quality opposition.

Bright didn’t have to game on their terms for a lot do the day especially in the second half where imo Greta looked to constantly threaten but couldn’t convert. Lots of shots on goal in general play. Bright did well to restrict the Greta forwards and limit marks inside 50
Then when Bright got chances inside 50 they marked and converted brilliantly. Cooper Thomason was excellent.
Greta lacked a pure power forward, and also a hard working forward. Cass and Judd are decent options however neither have the hard working or power forward part to their game.
It was widely seen that Cody Crawford was on the Greta bench and in the rooms all day, you will need him on a short leash if this is the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back