PerthBoy87

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
My cuz AK,- Former Tiger and Magpie
G'day all,

Hope you're all well and good. Look I was on the West Coast board earlier on and I do visit their board, as I do for all the other teams boards. One thing that I noticed on the West Coast team board is that they have a Past Player of the Week.

I applauded this concept and I reckon we should get into it. Who takes care of this concept - I don't know, maybe the mods can etc? Basically it's a little bit of history about the players and any other stats etc etc and so on.

I always believe that past players should never be forgotten and deserve to be acknowledged because its the players of the past which shape our club today.

Happy for people on here to agree or disagree and comment etc. I think it's a good idea and one that should be thought about but that's only my opinion.

Cheers.

I really like the idea :thumbsu:

Give us something to be positive about when the results are not what we want.

Not sure how we get it organised, or even if it needs to be organised... Mods? Any suggestions? Or should I just post a Maurice Rioli thread to get us started with the title "Maurice Rioli - Past player of the week"?

richmond-stephen-jurica-225-future-star-select-1996-australian-rules-football-afl-trading-card-56127-p.jpg

"JUUURICA!!"

I'd suggest something similar to our preview threads. Posters nominate their availability to write something, mods organise when it is and prompt posters.

End of the week we can move it to the Tiger Sanctuary.

I like it a lot. I'm happy to put my hand up to do one.

Good concept, always nice to be reminded of tigers of yesteryear and hear they are up to in their post footy careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute gun and an amazing story.

I noticed on the "Where are they now" list that your avatar is fishing crays in WA. I can just see The Ghost drifting across the front of a reef and plucking a cray the way he snaffled any number of pack marks.

Great idea. Let the reminiscing begin!

I'm keen to have a crack. I will do Anthony Banik. He played his junior footy at the club I played at and has an interesting story pre and post Richmond days. Should have played more games at the Tigers and I'm sure he would have gotten a crack at another club these days.

Holy s**t he had a player card. Imagine buying a pack and you get Tim Fleming. :eek:
Nup, would be the 'filler' type card.... The one that seemed to be in every pack & when you tried to do 'swaps' with your mates in the schoolyard, everyone seemed to have about 10 Tim Flemings already. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back