Traded Pearce Hanley (2007-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

If and when Rocky stands down, Pearce is the man, I have decided. What a fiercely loyal and strong captain he would be .....and a no nonsense captain yet earn great respect from teammates....Like JB.

For quite a while I thought it should be Richy, and I'm still sure he would be a good captain, but as Pearce has settled and developed, he has impressed me with his quirky, quiet but strong character and leadership qualities.

We are a far better team for having Pearce in it.

I think it's my fault....I mozzed us when I posted the above...

...god, I can remember typing that post, seems just like yesterday, yet is nearly a year old, sort of..

I think it's my fault....I mozzed us when I posted the above...

...god, I can remember typing that post, seems just like yesterday, yet is nearly a year old, sort of..

"Oh how the mighty have fallen" . Pearce is one of my all time favourites. Explosive pace & an air of excitement when he had the ball. His awareness and understanding of the game is incredible. Its such a pity that his career (as we knew it), appears to be over. You never know. He might yet be able to overcome his injuries and again thrill us with antics. If not his achievements are something of which he can be immensely proud.

"Oh how the mighty have fallen" . Pearce is one of my all time favourites. Explosive pace & an air of excitement when he had the ball. His awareness and understanding of the game is incredible. Its such a pity that his career (as we knew it), appears to be over. You never know. He might yet be able to overcome his injuries and again thrill us with antics. If not his achievements are something of which he can be immensely proud.

I think it I is a little early to be calling time on Pearce's career. Whilst I think he will need to transition and learn to play the game at a step slower than he could but he is still capable and will finish top five in our b and f on at least two more occassions

What do we do with this bloke? Injury riddled or not he has been deplorable this season and his body language hasn't been flash either. Do the club look to test the waters with him this coming off season trade wise? The issue is he is signed up long term so unless he wants out or another club is willing to take on his salary and convince him to move on it could be hard to facilitate a trade. On top of that if it is true that his hips are giving him a lot of trouble we'd find it difficult to get a good deal from another club. It is evident he is very, very frustrated at the moment.

What do we do with this bloke? Injury riddled or not he has been deplorable this season and his body language hasn't been flash either. Do the club look to test the waters with him this coming off season trade wise? The issue is he is signed up long term so unless he wants out or another club is willing to take on his salary and convince him to move on it could be hard to facilitate a trade. On top of that if it is true that his hips are giving him a lot of trouble we'd find it difficult to get a good deal from another club. It is evident he is very, very frustrated at the moment.
Probably best asked in the trade thread in the main board if we're looking at a decent discussion.

Shocked he keeps getting selected. He has been AWFUL.

Player Reviews: Part 3

Pearce Hanley was one of two players to play all 22 games for the Lions this season. He amassed an average of 21.2 disposals, 9 handballs and 12.2 kicks. The agile Irishman has proved over his career that he is a highly damaging off half-back and through the midfield, however 2016 was unfortunately short of his standard.

Coach’s notes:

Pearce Hanley played every game in 2016 and finished 4th in the fairest and best. It probably wasn’t his greatest season in his own words but he kicked 14 goals for the season had 78 inside 50’s, 466 possessions, playing mainly through the midfield. The games we won especially the Gold Coast one he was probably the most important player and won the Marcus Ashcroft trophy for best on ground. He’s another one who probably needs a big preseason of running so that he can get his endurance up and hopefully he can have an outstanding season 2017 for the Club.

441285_nl.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not looking forward to the first Q-Clash next year. Pearce will almost certainly do a "Brennan" and play his best game ever.
I'm expecting Mitch to line him on up.

Sorry, line up on him.

Well, either way works, and either way Hanley will have a quiet night.

I can remember watching him the international rules game down at the Gold Coast just before he broke out for us and just thinking he'd be someone special. One of the few really entertaining guys to watch for us over recent seasons. It's a pity things turned out the way they have but hopefully the best thing for Hanley and the club.

He played some of the best individual games by anyone wearing a Lions jumper, and that's something considering a few of the players we had running around over the years.

It's sad to see him go.

his interview blaming the club for a lack of support for rockliff, and pretty much saying tom is a scapegoat for poor onfield performance of the club was a bit off.....makes me happy he is gone

his interview blaming the club for a lack of support for rockliff, and pretty much saying tom is a scapegoat for poor onfield performance of the club was a bit off.....makes me happy he is gone

That's how it's been reported, but it wasn't what he said.

He played some of the best individual games by anyone wearing a Lions jumper, and that's something considering a few of the players we had running around over the years.

It's sad to see him go.

Voss is easily the best player I've seen in a lions jumper, but in terms of most skilled, I would have Hanley, Darryl White and Aker very close together.

Voss is easily the best player I've seen in a lions jumper, but in terms of most skilled, I would have Hanley, Darryl White and Aker very close together.
Sorry, but Akermanis is miles ahead. Can of worms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back