Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much room for upgrades if the stadium capacity needs expanding.
yes, I would love to know if a journo asked that question - ie where would the upgrade be, how would it be done.
even though unlikely to happen for 20 years or so...from 2018... so 2040 would be likely upgrade time I guess

The%20new%20Perth%20Stadium%20and%20Sports%20Precinct.%20From%20Stadium%20Station.jpg

The-new-Perth-Stadium-and-Sports-Precinct-from-SE.jpg

Not much room for upgrades if the stadium capacity needs expanding.
My understanding is that it would be expanding the stands on top up into the free space that exists back to the glass wall, which has been spaced for the purposes. Would allegedly be able to add between 10 and 20k to the seating.

I'm happy with it. Anything is an upgrade from Subi. Subi is a pain to get to and from with traffic as well.

They missed 5000 whinging clowns who want moar hospitals!
Already all over news websites screaming about
Waste of money
Get Packer to pay for it
Get AFL to pay for it
Get Freo and Eagles members to pay for it
What about hospitals
What about police
What about more low cost housing
Etc,etc,etc

Waste of money
Get Packer to pay for it
Get AFL to pay for it
What about hospitals
What about police
Etc,etc,etc
And don't forget Laura.

Laura Norder....

Waste of money
Get Packer to pay for it
Get AFL to pay for it
What about hospitals
What about police
Etc,etc,etc

This after they already sank billions into new hospitals to the point we almost have more hospitals than we can feasibly get staff for...
That "Get Packer to pay for it" has to be among the absolute dumbest tripe I've heard people serve up. I have no love for the guy, but it's just nonsense.

Some people just like to get their edgy whinge on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be Perth without old people and whingers complaining. Big news story for Today Tonight!

When it said "748 mens bathrooms and womens 781" is that just a toilet seat count or something? Sorry for the ignorance, I know Subi has terrible toilet facilities but having over 1500 bathrooms seems a little excessive.
when its built in 2018, and Freo are down the bottom ex Ross Lyon and the Suns are at the top and winning flags, the bathrooms will be needed as travelling Suns supporters will be pissing themselves laughing... :p

when its built in 2018, and Freo are down the bottom ex Ross Lyon and the Suns are at the top and winning flags, the bathrooms will be needed as travelling Suns supporters will be pissing themselves laughing... :p

Would have thought a hole in the ground out back would be more than enough to cater to the travelling Sun fans, you know, all 10 of them :)

Looks great, has a lot of the features of Adelaide Oval, the glass exterior, LED ribbons, home team colours in lights, your new stadium will be the best in the country in four years time

You almost need a pair of binoculars though they are that small.

The big one is fine but the small one on the northern side of the ground is a pain no matter where you sit. I'm behind the goals in the 3 tier stand so the big one is in a great spot for me. If you sat on that wing and had to look at the small one then I can understand it being crap.

The big one is fine but the small one on the northern side of the ground is a pain no matter where you sit. I'm behind the goals in the 3 tier stand so the big one is in a great spot for me. If you sat on that wing and had to look at the small one then I can understand it being crap.

Anyone else notice that something is wrong with the smaller screen, like it's got a slow frame rate?

Anyone else notice that something is wrong with the smaller screen, like it's got a slow frame rate?

At times, yes. It seemed to be a constant problem in the past but I haven't really noticed it as much this season (not that I look at it that much). There was one game though where the screen and scoreboard weren't working properly for a large portion of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back