Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

23319242_1431631036885726_4448892557815009844_n.jpg

This is why i dont get some posters

You complain that wa games dont get attention on the national stage, but you want timeslots that take you off of it

What are you talking about? We get about 5 national FTA games a year.

If we're going to be shunned away on Fox as the 2nd game in a timeslot, why not play it at a time that will maximise the crowd and the TV audience?

What are you talking about? We get about 5 national FTA games a year.

If we're going to be shunned away on Fox as the 2nd game in a timeslot, why not play it at a time that will maximise the crowd and the TV audience?

I’m talking making it a big deal. Showdown and derby get promoted in Adelaide and perth, but that’s it. Make the weekend about them nationally with all the afl pre round hype around them.

As for the rest, Demand the key games be Saturday night fta. Make your own games that own the round ffs. I do concede hard with freo because you have no real rivalries, but that cannot be said for the eagles or the crows or port

How does screening a game at 10pm on foxtel help that situation?

I’m talking making it a big deal. Showdown and derby get promoted in Adelaide and perth, but that’s it. Make the weekend about them nationally with all the afl pre round hype around them.

As for the rest, Demand the key games be Saturday night fta. Make your own games that own the round ffs. I do concede hard with freo because you have no real rivalries, but that cannot be said for the eagles or the crows or port

How does screening a game at 10pm on foxtel help that situation?

Because they'll get higher audiences. And 7 in Perth will get higher audiences.

As for the rest of it, we really don't care what the rest of the country thinks. But playing games in the afternoon in March - that's just f*cking *ed. And dangerous.

Because they'll get higher audiences. And 7 in Perth will get higher audiences.

As for the rest of it, we really don't care what the rest of the country thinks. But playing games in the afternoon in March - that's just f*cking ******ed. And dangerous.

If you dont care, dont be surprised you live on foxtel. Afl and c7 are scheduling for the nation, not for perth alone

If you dont care, dont be surprised you live on foxtel. Afl and c7 are scheduling for the nation, not for perth alone

Victoria I think you mean.

The AFL are so shitscared of offending Victorians it's insane. Look at Friday night as an example - so terrified of the locals it took them over a decade just to schedule a Friday night game without a Victorian team. The result was the highest rating Friday night game of the year (Adelaide v Sydney). You'd think that would loosen them up a bit, but no, back to the status quo in 2018 with the low rating Carlton back on Friday nights this year. There is no reason why they'd do that other than they're unduly influenced. It's certainly not national ratings.

So don't try and tell me they're 'scheduling for the nation'. What a crock of s**t.

Victoria I think you mean.

The AFL are so shitscared of offending Victorians it's insane. Look at Friday night as an example - so terrified of the locals it took them over a decade just to schedule a Friday night game without a Victorian team. The result was the highest rating Friday night game of the year (Adelaide v Sydney). You'd think that would loosen them up a bit, but no, back to the status quo in 2018 with the low rating Carlton back on Friday nights this year. There is no reason why they'd do that other than they're unduly influenced. It's certainly not national ratings.

So don't try and tell me they're 'scheduling for the nation'. What a crock of s**t.

There is way too much foil hat in this reply, im done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a team as absolutely s**t as Carlton is apparently getting back to having multiple Friday night games I'd love to hear an explanation.

I don't care that Freo doesn't get them but we also cop a heap of Sunday arvo rubbish even when we are up and about.

Because it ruins your narrative that the AFL schedule for national audiences?

Yeah, it's just co-incidence. Like Good Friday - coincidence that goes to 2 Victorian teams too. Rates like s**t, so let's change one of the teams from a small Melbourne club to.......another small Melbourne club. Other than pandering to Victorians, why would they do it? Because it actually damages their ratings nationally. That's not tin foil hat stuff, it's actually based in fact.

If you can come up with a better explanation, feel free to share it with us. But don't try and bullshit us by trying to claim the AFL "schedules for the nation" (your words). They clearly don't.

If a team as absolutely s**t as Carlton is apparently getting back to having multiple Friday night games I'd love to hear an explanation.

I don't care that Freo doesn't get them but we also cop a heap of Sunday arvo rubbish even when we are up and about.

Noone gets the carlton thing, noone

Mcg and Etihad need to have at least some Friday/saturday matches to get 3 games in a weekend, which is necessary to schedule the 90 games in Melbourne for the year.

gee grass looking terrible....
side issue -I kinda see the argument of having a green shade of artificial turf around the perimeter so it blends in, but, the grass never looks the same at any ground that I reckon the artificial turf around the perimeter should be blue or something that contrasts...

gee grass looking terrible....
side issue -I kinda see the argument of having a green shade of artificial turf around the perimeter so it blends in, but, the grass never looks the same at any ground that I reckon the artificial turf around the perimeter should be blue or something that contrasts...

They just rotary mowed it.

Found the ticket site on Ticketmaster, Perth Stadium site had no links to it that I could see.
Anyway got 6 tickets for 4:30-5:30. All the other times looked booked out except the last timeslot 7-8 I think it was. Good slot for the lights, bad slot for kids.

Found the ticket site on Ticketmaster, Perth Stadium site had no links to it that I could see.
Anyway got 6 tickets for 4:30-5:30. All the other times looked booked out except the last timeslot 7-8 I think it was. Good slot for the lights, bad slot for kids.

Seems that smaller allotments still available in the times - not the 6 though.

Got 6 earlier for the night session myself.

optus-stadium-aerial-20171108.jpg

Perth's new 60,000-seat stadium will be known as Optus Stadium following an announcement by the Western Australian State Government yesterday.

As part of the ten-year, $50 million deal, Optus will be the official provider of telecommunications and internet services throughout the Stadium. Stadium CEO, Mike McKenna congratulated Optus on its appointment. “We are delighted to have secured Optus as the naming rights partner for the Stadium for the next ten years. As a technologically focussed venue, Optus is the perfect partner. We will work closely with the Optus team to create and deliver outstanding, leading-edge fan engagement experiences for every visitor to this world-class venue. A key focus will be the development and delivery of the Stadium App, providing fans with the latest information on all aspects of the Stadium including how to access and circulate the new venue.”

The Stadium design encompasses a range of world leading technology features including WiFi connectivity, two of the largest stadia super screens in the southern hemisphere, 1,000 IPTV’s and the largest LED lighting system in the world. A transitional period will be undertaken to rebrand the Stadium assets to Optus Stadium and external signage will be erected on the Stadium in time for the free Open Day on Sunday 21 January 2018.

On behalf of the State Government, Stadium Operator, VenuesLive was responsible for securing the ten-year Optus arrangement. Earlier this week Bankwest was announced as the official banking services partner and further commercial partner announcements will be made in due course.

Perth Stadium will officially open with a free Open Day on Sunday 21 January 2018. The Fremantle Dockers will play Collingwood in Round 2 of the AFLW on Saturday 10 February and a series of additional world-class entertainment and sporting events will be held before Round 1 of the AFL Premiership Season on Sunday 25 March 2018 with West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers playing all home games at the new venue.

Information source: AUSTADIUMS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back