Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

So this morning I had to have my 16 year old Oscar put down.
For weeks he'd been progressively getting worse and not responding to Ketamine or any other meds.
Mostly deaf, vision worsening and most of the time had no idea where he was or what to do next.
At the start of the week the vet said he was fighting to stay alive and doing an awesome job at that, but it became too cruel to let him continue, so this morning at 11:50am he was put to sleep.
Unlike my last dog whose heart continued after the lethal injection, Oscar passed instantly! Below is a pic from a few years back.
RIP Oz!

View attachment 468464
Sorry to hear Nate. Always heartbreaking. :(

Sounds like the little fella had a good innings.

Let the memories flow and grieve as you will.:'(

Been a while since I posted here.

12 Months ago yesterday we lost our little Marvin (the Pug) who had been struggling for some time with respiratory issues and was totally blind. He died peacefully sleeping in his favourite sunny spot at the top of the stairs to our back deck, we still miss him terribly.

Archie (the Lab) is also totally blind, but is otherwise in good health for a Lab of 13 and copes quite well with his blindness.

Our daughters' Shi Tzu X Bichon Frise still lives with us and keeps us entertained with her shenanigans.

theotherwayhome--1542271855533.jpg
theotherwayhome-1542271984836.jpg
theotherwayhome-1542272023816.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFBB6506-E12E-464F-8D74-A0EC2ED02656.jpeg I was using a long roof rack strap for a dog lead. I threw the frisbee for the mutt not realizing I was standing over the lead. Now the lead wasn’t wrapped around my leg, it was just neat it. The lead flicked up and ran across my leg giving me this burn!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back