PF1 - Hawthorn vs Geelong

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be 90K - tickets selling slowly - heaps left.
Too $$$.
This finals campaign will cost my family or four $2000 if we make the GF. Ridiculous.
Both my dad & brother in law have opted out of the Cats match due to cost - saving pennies for GF.
Interestingly all of the most expensive seats have sold. And all of the cheapest.

We'll see.

MCC reserve seating (7,000) sold out in a matter of 20 minutes ($10 upgrades).

As of about 3.30pm they'd sold about 50,000 tickets for Friday. Tomorrow they'll probably exhaust the AFL members (18,000) leaving Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to move a few thousand a day (hopefully).

The fixture deserves 90,000, it was the 2nd highest drawing fixture of the season (behind Collingwood/Essendon) so its got everything going for it.

Unfortunately the cost does put people off. Geelong supporters had to pay $80 each for week one and two and now $170 for a prelim ticket. I would be disappointed if it can't get over 85k.

im predicting over 95k this week much like Pies vs Cats in 07. Some people are building this up as 1 of the biggest prelims EVER with the rivalry, the curse, the quality of the games & it being the only prelim in Melbourne so lots of footy purists im sure will attend. Going to be a cracker

Unfortunately the cost does put people off. Geelong supporters had to pay $80 each for week one and two and now $170 for a prelim ticket. I would be disappointed if it can't get over 85k.

It’d be interesting to see the take up in member allocation between each club. The Hawks exhausted their Category 1 and Category 2 seating during their designated member only period. I’m not sure how the Cats fared during that same period?

Why the AFL never releases the split in member take up between the clubs (when even the NRL does this) is pretty annoying.

im predicting over 95k this week much like Pies vs Cats in 07. Some people are building this up as 1 of the biggest prelims EVER with the rivalry, the curse, the quality of the games & it being the only prelim in Melbourne so lots of footy purists im sure will attend. Going to be a cracker
With Chappy out, 72,000

With Chappy out, 72,000

Not a bad call.
Fans of the game should start a union in which they refuse to buy tickets to the next game when the MRP punish players against the majority of the union votes.
Take back the power!

Given up the ghost already Sttew?

Geelong may well end up surprising you...
Yeah, no. Just putting forward excuses for losing in advance....in case.

Cats may surprise, but wow wee, Hawks off a 2 week break, hot to trot. How can you go past them?

Yeah, no. Just putting forward excuses for losing in advance....in case.

Cats may surprise, but wow wee, Hawks off a 2 week break, hot to trot. How can you go past them?

Cats were pretty much 'locked in' after decimating Sydney just 4 weeks ago...

Evidently they've still only lost one match since that point, and even than it was by less than 2 goals.

Supposedly its about 65,000.

From an article placed on the AFL website last year

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/finals-week-1-tickets-sales-update.970578/page-5

Hawks, Pies set to sell out

FRIDAY night's Hawthorn-Collingwood qualifying final at the MCG is on track to be a sell-out.

Only 9000 tickets remain for the clash after the entire AFL members reserve was sold out on Tuesday.

Hawthorn and Collingwood members swiftly bought up their allocation on Monday and the remaining public seats, now on sale through Ticketek, are expected to be quickly snapped up.

The last five matches between the clubs at the MCG have all drawn more than 75,000 people, with last year's preliminary final attracting 87,112.

The only remaining variable is the number of Melbourne Cricket Club members who attend, but a crowd of more than 90,000 now appears likely.

Not surprisingly, Saturday night's Geelong-Fremantle elimination final at the MCG is not quite as strong a draw.

With Freo boasting little support outside Western Australia, 30,000 tickets have been sold and 34,000 still remain.

Saturday afternoon's Adelaide-Sydney qualifying final at AAMI Stadium is tracking towards sell-out status with 40,000 tickets sold and 4000 remaining through Ticketmaster.

Sunday's West Coast-North Melbourne elimination final at Patersons Stadium is all but sold out, with 39,500 tickets taken and only a few 'limited position' seats remaining, also available through Ticketmaster.
For precedence, the Hawthorn/Collingwood Qualifying Final last year drew 85,600. I'd suggest that this Preliminary Final is tracking slightly higher than that mark (88k maybe?)

Got my tickets - Unfortunately the cheapest available had sold out pretty much instantly... I logged in at 2pm, and I couldn't get any of them.. ended up buying the next highest category which was an extra $15 but seems like it's still in the nosebleeds (which I don't mind) so not quite why they're worth more than the real cheap ones...

Anyway, as a neutral, looking forward to a cracking match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With regards to the ticket sales, tomorrow is a pretty big moving day. If by this time tomorrow only 6k tickets remain we could be looking at 90,000 otherwise 85,000 is the likely mark.

Having a look at the AFL members ticket pricing, Silver/Guest passes are excessively expensive. Ultimately Preliminary Final and Grand Final week is where the true benefit of MCC membership comes to the fore. A reserve seat for Friday has set me back $10 while my GF reserve seat is just $25.

Not surprisingly the members stand should be packed to the brim on Friday...

With regards to the ticket sales, tomorrow is a pretty big moving day. If by this time tomorrow only 6k tickets remain we could be looking at 90,000 otherwise 85,000 is the likely mark.

Having a look at the AFL members ticket pricing, Silver/Guest passes are excessively expensive. Ultimately Preliminary Final and Grand Final week is where the true benefit of MCC membership comes to the fore. A reserve seat for Friday has set me back $10 while my GF reserve seat is just $25.

Checked this morning for reserved tickets and you could only get single seats reserved.....

How early would you go in to guarantee a good seat? 3:30?

Given up the ghost already Sttew?

Geelong may well end up surprising you...

They may. But realistically of the two teams you guys are travelling far better right now. We've got a good record this year obviously - two wins - but the most recent was over 2 months ago now. We've played 3 awful to patchy games in a row, and there are concerns with a few players of ours. That isn't doom and gloom, just an honest appraisal.

If we can constrict you guys and bottle it up, we might be a chance. The strength of guys like Corey and Kelly will help us and their lack of leg speed won't hurt us. If it's a fast and open game, not sure we'll be able to manage. Plus there is a real question mark over us being able to produce 4 good quarters. We won't get away with a second quarter against Port versus you guys.

Anyway, see how we go.

Is it just me or is it a bit rich that Silver AFL members have the same entitlements as a guest for these last two weeks of the finals?

I have no qualms with it in terms of seat allocations, but why should a Silver member who pays $399 per year (plus reserved seats) pay the same price as a guest $124-160 for a ticket to the Preliminary Final?

Can not get over the fact that AFL Members Silver/Guest tickets are the same price.

Surely if Gold pay $23 for a seat and Guests pay $124-$160 this week then the Silver members who pay $399 per year must fit somewhere in between?

Can not get over the fact that AFL Members Silver/Guest tickets are the same price.

Surely if Gold pay $23 for a seat and Guests pay $124-$160 this week then the Silver members who pay $399 per year must fit somewhere in between?

Yes, it's ridiculous. Not to mention Silver are limited to M open or up the back of Q.
Better value to buy a ticket from the club member allocation.

11 in a row.

How can you go past that?

Cats should be favourites, but Hawks in with a chance.
GFC must believe the same by not challenging Chappy's suspension. They obviously want Chappy to be available for the GF.

Seriously, though, Cats in with the slightest of chances. And with your Geelong "dossier" that took 10 weeks to compile, how could you lose?

Back