PF1 - Hawthorn vs Geelong

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can not get over the fact that AFL Members Silver/Guest tickets are the same price.

Surely if Gold pay $23 for a seat and Guests pay $124-$160 this week then the Silver members who pay $399 per year must fit somewhere in between?

Being my first year with AFL Membership i didn't think we would pay the guest pass price, maybe $60-100 not $160 or $120 for conc. Not annoyed or pissed off just thought it didn't make sense we would pay the same amount as a Full Member bringing some guest who may might not give a stuff about the game, but then that's the perks you get for being on the waitlist and paying your membership fees for so many years like MCC membership.

Gates don't open till 4:30. I don't think the reserve will sell out but it' could go close by bounce down.

Don't speak to soon, I just bought tickets through my work on the company credit card ( AFL reserve ) which opened this morning at 9am, we normally get 2nd level on the win, well the only available is row z up the very top ( which means the rest have been bought. I'm shattered, never watched the footy from so high up, going to be an experience.

11 in a row.

How can you go past that?

Cats should be favourites, but Hawks in with a chance.

No, nice try though.

Mooney summed it up perfectly, hawthorn should win by a minimum 6 goals. A week off, up against a side out of form, with injuries and a suspended player in Chappy who was close to BOG last week.

If hawthorn lose this, then something's wrong.

Don't speak to soon, I just bought tickets through my work on the company credit card ( AFL reserve ) which opened this morning at 9am, we normally get 2nd level on the win, well the only available is row z up the very top ( which means the rest have been bought. I'm shattered, never watched the footy from so high up, going to be an experience.

Join the club. I logged in at 12.20 yesterday and the best I could get was Q deck in the members.

I ordinarily wouldn’t opt for reserve seating (aside from the 2007 Preliminary Final, the MCC hasn’t sold out for a non-Grand Final post redevelopment) but I’m in Brisbane on work for the day and don’t fly back into Melbourne until 6:30pm

No, nice try though.

Mooney summed it up perfectly, hawthorn should win by a minimum 6 goals. A week off, up against a side out of form, with injuries and a suspended player in Chappy who was close to BOG last week.

Nail, Hammer, Head.

If Hawthorn lose this game this is about as far as this squad will take us. That said the 2011 Preliminary Final and 2012 Preliminary Final/Grand Final did happen!

GFC must believe the same by not challenging Chappy's suspension. They obviously want Chappy to be available for the GF.

Seriously, though, Cats in with the slightest of chances. And with your Geelong "dossier" that took 10 weeks to compile, how could you lose?

If a "dossier" is going to make any difference, it is a wonder it took 5 years and 11 losses to finally get around to it...:confused:

Between the Curse, the Vow, the Streak and the Hoodoo, we are stuffed...

No, nice try though.

Mooney???

Good balanced unbiased opinion there.
I could quote others who say the Hawks may as well forfeit, to save themselves the anguish of getting close and losing again. No point even turning up.

Mooney!!?? :eek:

Is this the same Mooney who missed from 2 metres out in the 2008 GF? He really knows his stuff, doesn't he? :rolleyes:

Mooney???

Good balanced unbiased opinion there.
I could quote others who say the Hawks may as well forfeit, to save themselves the anguish of getting close and losing again. No point even turning up.

Mooney!!?? :eek:

Is this the same Mooney who missed from 2 metres out in the 2008 GF? He really knows his stuff, doesn't he? :rolleyes:

The guy is also a 3-time premiership player.

But you know, maybe that doesn't count for anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rain forecast

Does that suit one team over another?
Geelong, rain doesn't suit our game plan. Apart from one 15 minute patch, Geelong were completely dominant in the round 15 game played in slippery conditions. Their tall forwards haven't been firing so it won't make them any worse

The guy is also a 3-time premiership player.

But you know, maybe that doesn't count for anything.

Renouf is a premiership player

I don't think just because you play in a premiership that it automatically makes you an expert but moons is entitled to an opinion that's for sure

cats players don't want to talk about the Kennett curse in fear that the hawks will use it against them and the hawks players hate talking about it in fear it plays with there minds. Even though hawks supporters think it's a load of BS, this curse thing is bigger than what they admit. Wonder if the cats were down 3 or 4 goals at three quarter time whether it would be worthwhile to remind every hawks players of the curse. Sitting here tonight watching TV i would have heard the curse mentioned at least half a dozen time. As a gambler even i can't figure out if this curse will have an effect on the result of this game so i would hate to imagine how many times hawks players have been asked about it for the past week. Wallet says hawks, curse says cats, what a tough game to predict.

Renouf is a premiership player

I don't think just because you play in a premiership that it automatically makes you an expert but moons is entitled to an opinion that's for sure

Well, you see, Mooney, unlike Renouf and most Hawthorn players, is not a premiership player. He's a three-time premiership player.

Well, you see, Mooney, unlike Renouf and most Hawthorn players, is not a premiership player. He's a three-time premiership player.

Yeah, it a good achievement but it doesn't mean a guy has an automatic respect and creditability for his opinions.

Not saying anything against him but by just saying because he has won 3 premierships he deserves more respect than others is stupid.

Back