News Phil Walsh murdered

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh..... wow. That's a ******* horrible thing to wake up to and my heart goes out to his remaining family and Adelaide FC.

Shocking news. Condolences to his family, friends, colleagues and players at all the clubs he's worked at. Such a tragedy. Hard to give a rats about footy this weekend in the wake of this. He seemed like a genuinely good bloke. RIP.

Well s**t. Hard really to accept that something like this has happened. Don't know how Adelaide could play or West Coast for that matter.

Last edited:
Just horrible. All supporters of football grieve today.

RIP.

I think that the best and most equitable thing to do for the AFL now is to move the entire fixture back one week.

Also (and this in no way explains what happened - nothing can) I think that questions need to start being asked about the kind of pressure a head coach role places on their family life and health. The expectations, level of responsibility placed on their head, workload and media focus, have to be debilitating for a coach and their family. The AFL need to consider this and act to make the role a safer, healthier one. Right now the profession is unreasonably demanding and is not healthy.

People laughed off Malthouse's wife being upset about what the role was doing to her, but people should start taking statements like this seriously.

Wow terrible news. Having just suddenly lost a family member myself 2 weeks ago understand what they are going through.
Thoughts and condolences to the family, club and AFL community.
Something like this really brings things int perspective.

Shocking news, heard it as i walk out the door this morning
Thoughts and with his wife and daughter and to all those people connected to Welsh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely shocking news, like what the *? Thoughts go out to his family, friends and of course the Adelaide FC. Tragic.

Wow terrible news. Having just suddenly lost a family member myself 2 weeks ago understand what they are going through.
Thoughts and condolences to the family, club and AFL community.
Something like this really brings things int perspective.

Hope you are coping ok Sharkey.

It is hard to understand how these things unfortunately happen but they do and sadly it is a part of life that regularly happens in the community. Puts life into perspective.

Very sad day. RIP Phil Walsh. Condolences to family, friends and those that new him.

The best decision by the AFL (better than my earlier suggestion by a long way).

I never thought I'd feel sorry for the Adelaide bloody Crows but today I am feeling quite emotional about all of this, and my perception of them has changed.

What a shithouse situation. Hope the players can do tribute to him for the rest of their season.

I rarely post on the Main Board, but I posted this there and on the Adelaide Board:

"I just caught up with the news. What a horrible tragedy. My heart goes out to his family and to the Adelaide Crows supporters.

May his memory be eternal."

I can honestly say that this is probably the most shocking footy news I can remember in my almost 40 years as a footy fan.

Chapman and Fagan. All class in that press conference. God I feel so sorry for everyone at the Crows right now. Wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Horror situation. Feel even worse for Phil's daughter and wife.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back