Pick 4 - Who is your choice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever we pick up at 4 I don't want the commentators to say "that's a surprise pick, I had him in the 15-20 range"....don't be too cute Dogs recruiters and go for a player(s) as mentioned above.

I believe that none of the players mentioned above are of that range.

All of Aish/Kelly/KK/Sharenberg/Billings are possibilities at pick four, and are worth the pick. It'll be one of those 5 that will be wearing red white and blue next year. We won't go for an outside pick at all.

I believe that none of the players mentioned above are of that range.

All of Aish/Kelly/KK/Sharenberg/Billings are possibilities at pick four, and are worth the pick. It'll be one of those 5 that will be wearing red white and blue next year. We won't go for an outside pick at all.

Hopefully we've learned our lesson after the Christian Howard disaster... was that one of the great Scott Clayton's many blunders?

Hopefully we've learned our lesson after the Christian Howard disaster... was that one of the great Scott Clayton's many blunders?
No, Dalrymple's first draft (followed by Tutt, Thorne and Marcovic)

No, Dalrymple's first draft (followed by Tutt, Thorne and Marcovic)

Damn, at least he's gotten better with time. I was quite happy with 2011, getting Smith, Talia, Pearce and Dickson with 17, 39, 49 and 57. Solid draft. Much easier when you have picks 5, 6 and 4 in consecutive drafts.

Best available - Aish (if he is still there). He's low risk - there's no question he can play. He comes from good stock (both his dad and uncle were SA champions). He would compliment our inside players well by adding run and class. He is two sided and an elite kick. He is elite at reading the play and setting up players in front of him. Two time all Australian U18, two premierships with Norwood in the SANFL. Great under pressure and great leadership.

Unless Boyd was somehow available at four, we would be absolutely mad to pass on Aish.

I'll go with Aish or Billings if available, on the strength that I think I read somewhere that MJP liked them (my apologies if that is not the case!), and the rumour on here that the club couldn't split them but had a slight leaning towards Aish. I don't know if our plans have changed at all since taking into consideration our recent signings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If being dumb was a dealbreaker we'd have half the footballers running around. Maybe we should go after the dumb blokes so we can underpay them and feed them propaganda about other clubs...
I can think of one guy running around for us once , was never a rocket surgeon , but was a football genius.
There is even a statue of him !
I can think of another who had a wing named after him...

Aish/Kelly/Billings for me.

I know there's some love for taller running guys (the Berg, Bontempelli/Lennon) but only Lennon really has a position at AFL level at this stage - and his draft camp was terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back