Pick # 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Weideman.

Having said that I think there is pretty much 0 chance we will go to the draft with that pick.

Agree - The Pick will is 99% sure of being Traded for Treloar or someone else

Sam Weideman.

Having said that I think there is pretty much 0 chance we will go to the draft with that pick.
We are all in the dark regarding what we will do / get pre the draft. What is it about Sam Weideman that you like???

Agree - The Pick will is 99% sure of being Traded for Treloar or someone else
treloar is going to richmond
we might get aish with that pick but Id rather look at the draft talent and see if theres a quality goal sneak in the mix. lets face it no big names are going to want to play for us at the moment anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

treloar is going to richmond
we might get aish with that pick but Id rather look at the draft talent and see if theres a quality goal sneak in the mix. lets face it no big names are going to want to play for us at the moment anyway
Jesus mate, what happened to you? Your normally upbeat about the club.
Bad day at work?

Failing Treloar.

Patrick Dangerfield as a free agent would be the guy. But with Dangerfield looking unlikely.

I'd be taking a shot at the other names through trade week. Steven Motlop, Harley Bennell, Lewis Jetta, Chris Yarran and Jeremy Howe as some examples are worth going after and can help us get better through trade week. Motlop and Bennell certainly in straight trades for pick seven I'd do in an instant. Jetta, Yarran and Howe I'd want something else as a sweetener to feel motivated to move pick seven.

In the scenario we have no options and we're stuck with lets call it pick seven. Bidding on Jacob Hopper and Ben Keays would be where I'd start as in my view the two best mids - Hopper the best pure inside mid and Keays the classiest/most damaging mid. A bit like last year, no clear guy I'd want at seven. I'd be probably more interested in moving down the first round into two later first round picks with a view to draft Ryan Clarke, Luke Partington and Wayne Milera, with the hope I can get one of those with our second round pick (all classy, athletic types who can do damage and find plenty of the footy). Joshua Dunkley as a bid bodied midfielder and Brandon White as a high level general backman are two others I'd consider in that range as two others I rate highly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back