Remove this Banner Ad

iloveleigh

Senior List
St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor
Mar 19, 2010
Point Hook!
AFL Club
St Kilda
I saw a thread on the main board about meeting players and the experiences that you have had.

I looked for Saints players but then thought to just start one here.

So, which players have you all met? Nicest player? Tell me your experiences :)

Have met quite a few of the boys.

Have found Jason Blake, Milney and Bakes to be the best. Just treat you like a regular person and happy to talk about anything.

Father Guidance met Gilbo at the HOF event and he's not even a Saints fan but remarked how impressed he was with Gilbo's as a bloke.

lenny has been one of my good mates for over 15 years, i have seen the way he is towards people and would have to say is one of the best most genuine blokes i know. treats everyone equal. The bugger still makes sure you shout in turn

I met a few of the boys at an after match function at Footy park last year. Milney, Dal, Gwilty, Big Stanley, LenDog and Sam Fisher all came up and they were all great blokes. Milney was interviewed by some dude (I forget his name) and as this was the night against Port with his dribble goal from the pocket, everyone was saying he should get a car at the end of the year. Didn't happen though.:(

All were very happy to sign shirts and stuff and have a quick chat. Great ambassadors for the club.:thumbsu:

In 2008, I was at a dreamteam v victoria match, evryone squished together of course trying to get in, i got bumped by someone who said "oh sorry, didn't mean to hit you". That person was Nick Dal Santo. I had to stand there for 3mins with my head on his chest, and when i say had, it wasn't exactly a chore! lol one, not mine but my mum won vip tickets to 2005 grand final, got inside marquee and evrything, to be hanging out with Luke Ball. he bought her drinks apparently, I got an autograph and she came home absoloutely smashed at 1am. thanks Luke!!!!!!! lol oh, and this has nothing to do with me, but my friends aunty is real close with Robert Harvey, she has even babysat his kids!

Most of my experiences have been at player functions but I have met quite a few players over time. Aaron Hamill stands out as a really nice bloke - he was a real asset to the club even when he wasn't able to play. Rob Harvey is as modest as they come and so down to earth, Steve Baker is another real down to earth bloke, Armitage is easy to talk to, Brendan Goddard was another who just seems like a great bloke. I also found Matt Maguire to be a really easy person to talk to and maybe a bit of a larriken.

Dempster is one of those blokes who is all business - shows real dedication to his fitness and his footy - may not be the most loquatious conversationalists buy you get a feel for his intensity and dedication. In a similar manner Kosi is an intense bloke. I also thought Luke Ball was quite intense.

from what i can remember at the aami stadium get together in the room behind the coaches box after the games:
voss, guerea, thommo, moyle, peckett, kozi, roo, gtrain, milney, ball, hayes, dal santo, joey, bj, goose, big boy mcevoy, jimmy gwilt.
the first year i went the entire team came up to the room...packed like sardines, could tell they hated it...after that it was always a few players only.

fav to speak to would be lenny and bj
always seem to have a few mins and will answer questions
:thumbsu::cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back